Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Is science being unduly influenced?

If you still think evolution is true, these links may change your mind...

DNA is proof of creation. Evolutionists are in illogical denial of this obvious fact.

Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible., page 6

DNA: The Tiny Code That's Toppling Evolution - Good News Magazine | United Church of God

Scientifically proving that Darwin's theory of evolution is wrong-Evolutionary Fraud from Piltdown, England(Part 3) - ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Prove Evolution Is False Even Without the Bible - Good News Magazine | United Church of God

DNA - The Evolution Killer - Omega Times

More Misconceptions about Evolution: “Scientific facts” that prove evolution is false — DE-BUNKED | The Open Mind

The Scientific Case Against Evolution

Why DNA Proves Evolution Is False

Still think evolution is false, these links may help...

DNA Proves Evolution | Eveloce

Darwin's God: Sean Carroll on Why DNA Proves Evolution

101 Reasons Why Evolution is True | ideonexus.com

And if you really want to dive in and exercise your brain....

Sandwalk: Theme: Genomes & Junk DNA

ENCODE: the rough guide to the human genome : Not Exactly Rocket Science

A word about "junk DNA". « Genomicron

E. coli long-term evolution experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for stepping up and posting well written data Chameleon. If this kind of thing, intelligent debate, were allowed in schools, it would teach children to research and question, and not be blindly led.

And in keeping with the thread title, here is another example of a politician making judgement call on defunding a scientific experiment by presenting it as something stupid and silly instead of what it really is.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...964.html?hp=r6
    Last edited by fixthecopier; 02-24-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 100+ Posts

My mind = blown
    I'm glad people found those links interesting, same for the other links about DNA. Not that I thought I was misunderstood but since we've been able to carry on a heck of an intelligent debate, I thought I'd try explain my position better in case creationism gets brought up. I'd like to see schools give the best cutting edge education possible, and leave either -ism out of it. I am actually not for teaching the bible/creation in schools. Here is why: Schools can teach people how to think and pass on good information, but a worldview is something you get from your parents or life in general. "rules without relationships breeds rebellion"- Josh McDowell. I think forcing people to be christians, would produce a lot of rebellion or at the least people lacking any convictions. I try to do a good job as a parent now so I won't have to worry about rebellion or my kids lacking convictions in what they learn to believe as they grow up.

“Perhaps Sen. Paul should read our papers before he comments on them and perhaps he should consider more broadly how science can help society.”

Good point, if we stopped bogging them down I think science could help society more. I didn't look into it too hard and never did understand the whole stem cell research controversy. I remember asking if we could donate the placenta when my kids were born because I thought the cells from a the placenta or self-donated stems cells worked best so why did people make such a big deal?
    The chance that higher life forms might have emerged in this way is comparable to the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junkyard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein. -Fred Hoyle

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

You guys (Cham & fix), know your stuff very well, You are very good researchers and exposed to wealth of knowledge. I am so impressed with you two that I'm almost lost for words. Keep it up!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    You guys (Cham & fix), know your stuff very well, You are very good researchers and exposed to wealth of knowledge. I am so impressed with you two that I'm almost lost for words. Keep it up!

Knowledge is power, the more you know, the less you can be deceived
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Live2Learn

Lightbulb Re: Is science being unduly influenced?

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Knowledge is power, the more you know, the less you can be deceived

Very true, here are some more links(vids for fellow lazy ppl) to fill brains to overflowing.
    Each "paragraph" is sort of themed, and though the forum makes each link appear to be single vids, many are each themed playlists(100s+ hrs total).

Enjoy, oh, and remember to sleep eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bozeman...?feature=watch

introducedrat.com/evolution.htm

An Index to Creationist Claims