Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

Is Ricoh Corporation run by drunk ppl?

Not realy shure where to put this thread,personaly I'd go in Japan and kick someone in the nuts!
    As i stated in some of my previous posts we have alot of problems with Ricoh 2510 PCU's,faulty gears and drums,but this is an outrage...
    Because I got tired with rebuilding those I went to customer with brand new PCU made in Japan...shiny hologram tag on box,sealed...the whole shabang...I put it in machine...it ask for toner...
    Ok check out tonner bottle,does machine turn bottle,does it go in dev assy,does dev assy turn...waaait a min...why is it so light???
    Freaking PCU had no developer inside!!!
    Now imagine how dumb I felt looking in that pcu with customer looking at me.
    Is it possible that Ricoh doesn't check it's products,are they all drunk or something?
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Re: Is Ricoh Corporation run by drunk ppl?

Ricoh has never shipped those with developer in them.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The B205 0151 PCU's?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Almost every PCU-Unit or DV-Unit comes without developer. Only for the MP C2500-C5502 series you get a filled DV-Unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

in these models there is now developer inside dev. unit u have to add at the time of installation,ricoh 3025,3030,1018,1015,mp 2550,mp 3350 like some other models .there is developer inside in mpc series 2530,2051,2030,4500,3500,4501 and also with mp 4000,5000,6000,8000 etc

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

I'll have to check out those codes cause I forget them easy.
    Now acourding to you guys it seems that PCU units that we got before with developer inside are...wrong?
    I'll look in to this,what's the code of units with developer and what code was on this one.
    Tho it doesn't make sence to me to have picture explanations about instalment with taking out tape cowering mag. roller and not explanation with disassembling PCU and poaring developer inside.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Is Ricoh Corporation run by drunk ppl?

Yes, Ricoh is run by a bunch of drunks.

You didn't realize that after they bought Ikon, fished them out of the toilet, then let them take over and try flushing us again?
    73 DE W5SSJ

maybe you were getting PCUs for the Aficio 2022 type copiers (PCU Type 1027)...those do come with developer in them. And can work in the 2510 copier.

I'm pretty sure all the B/W copiers have drum units that do not come with developer when they are shipped.

The color copiers are a different story.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herostrat View Post
    Tho it doesn't make sence to me to have picture explanations about instalment with taking out tape cowering mag. roller and not explanation with disassembling PCU and poaring developer inside.
    There are two units that can be ordered for the machine. The Type 1027 (411018) comes with developer inside, and apparently is one expensive beast - your dealership may or may not want you to order these. Another unit (B2050151, I think) is available - it comes with no developer, but the charge roller/brush roller/cleaning blade can all be replaced, whereas in the 1027 unit they cannot.