Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ebay

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ebay

ebay

Is it just my luck or is the cheap stuff on ebay not worth buying. A few weeks ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace from a reputable high street shop, and a case from ebay from a seller with one hundred percent positive feedback and thousands sold.

Got the case today and it falls off the phone, its a very loose fit. The case also contained a screen protector but since the item was packaged in an envelope the screen protector has creases in it.

Fucking crap.

Ebay states I should contact the seller and I would probably get a refund so the seller gets positive feedback for something that's crap, or can I leave negative feedback for a transaction that's been refunded? Seems hardly worth it fro a £1.50 phone case.

ebay

Re: ebay

Contact the seller I would say. If he is reputable he will care for sure. That's my experience.

Hans

ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Contact the seller I would say. If he is reputable he will care for sure. That's my experience.

Hans
    If you purchased something from a proper shop, got it home and soon realized its unusable would you be impressed? if the shop continued selling them they would get so many returns that it wouldn't be economically viable to carry on.

Amazon for example have reviews are worth reading. Ebay feedback consists of mainly "fast service thanks" very little feedback on the item itself. This ebayer sold over two and a half thousand of these phone cases before I noticed mine didn't fit.

How long would a crap product last on Amazon if people read the reviews?

A search for phone cases brings up the one I bought and many other people selling the same one so trying to find a good one becomes tedious.

Ebay seems to have opened the floodgates for cheap rubbish made in China that's not suitable for its purpose but the feedback never indicates this, did I tell you about the PlayStation controller I bought that worked for one day only?

ebay

Ebay seems to have opened the floodgates for cheap rubbish made in China
    Not only eBay.

Perhaps are the sellers on eBay UK different from eBay Germany? I have mainly good experience with them.

Hans

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ebay

How much is a good phone case? Maybe you got your moneys worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Is it just my luck or is the cheap stuff on ebay not worth buying. A few weeks ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace from a reputable high street shop, and a case from ebay from a seller with one hundred percent positive feedback and thousands sold.

Got the case today and it falls off the phone, its a very loose fit. The case also contained a screen protector but since the item was packaged in an envelope the screen protector has creases in it.

Fucking crap.

Ebay states I should contact the seller and I would probably get a refund so the seller gets positive feedback for something that's crap, or can I leave negative feedback for a transaction that's been refunded? Seems hardly worth it fro a £1.50 phone case.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    ebay

I usually buy cheap stuff on the internet (ebay and other sites) and I'm usually not disappointed. The secret is to keep a low expectation, so you can be surprised when your package arrives. And I've been surprised lots of times when the cheap stuff I buy turns out to be of exceptional good value for the price I paid.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!