Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Tell us about your user name & avatar

:::: CAUTION TECHNO CONTENT FOLLOWING ::::

My copytech name and avatar come about because of my interest in Science and Technology.

The copytech name I use is made up of two words Neo - Matrix. Neo which is shorten down from Neon meaning Neon specific wave lengths of light. I use Neo because of Neo in the movie Matrix. Most people relate to that quickly.

Matrix which is a mathematics term that takes it's original meaning from Matriach which means mother. Matrix therefore basically means the mathematical the laws of mother earth.

My avatar is a man stuck in the 3D matrix of magenta light which is in the lower wave lenghts of colour. We are all living and breathing in the marvelous creational matrix of mother earth.

My signature text pay's respect to the Russian Scientist Dmitri Mendeleev who is known for his work in arranging the atomic periodic table we use today. What most people do not know is that Mendeleev used a mathematical matrix to do this. The method of how he used a matrix to arrange the periodic table is limited to very few lay people. To know how the atomic table is arrange in a matrix is to know the true works of mother nature herself. I my self am privileged to know how some of Mendeleev's mathematical matrix arrangements work, and therefore privy to some of the most marvelous of natures secrets. Knowing some of these secrects does not place me in a position of grandeur or being better than any one else, it merely places me further down the knowledge road of life that every single person follows.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Tell us about your user name & avatar

The sig is from a line Scotty said in one of the Star Trek films, so I have combined both of my favourite sci-fi films in my set up.

I think there are a lot of techs who owe their current career path to Mr. Scott. He was my favorite character on Star Trek growing up. I think he did more to "save the day" than Kirk ever did. (Spock was my second favorite.)
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    I think there are a lot of techs who owe their current career path to Mr. Scott. He was my favorite character on Star Trek growing up. I think he did more to "save the day" than Kirk ever did. (Spock was my second favorite.)
    prntrfxr hi

i got a lady at work that failed her driving test for 9 times

i told her its not that dificult and show her your avatar
    she was amazed and asked me, in how many test
    the cat did it?
    do you have an answer for her

cheers

Long time gamer so the name came from my undead rogue in World of Warcraft....and the avatar....another great game universe...Warhammer 40k....played a little of Space Marine where this pic comes from...it's awesome....read tons of the novels...what can I say...the WH40k has to be one of the brutal universes out there.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Long time gamer so the name came from my undead rogue in World of Warcraft....and the avatar....another great game universe...Warhammer 40k....played a little of Space Marine where this pic comes from...it's awesome....read tons of the novels...what can I say...the WH40k has to be one of the brutal universes out there.
    Will you be playing the online game when it comes out?

I don't usually go in for the subscription games but roaming around the WH40K universe as an Inquisitor does have a interest for me.
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    prntrfxr hi

i got a lady at work that failed her driving test for 9 times

i told her its not that dificult and show her your avatar
    she was amazed and asked me, in how many test
    the cat did it?
    do you have an answer for her

cheers
    The cat did it the first try but scared the living daylights out of the examiner in the seat next to her. She was using someone else's car and was taking the test at the same time as her brother. He told her the car was more sluggish than her folks car (stick shift - not good for test). She was told to accelerate to 35 and then come to a complete stop. She slammed on the gas making two very nice black lines and slammed on the breaks, almost sending the examiner through the window (good thing she had her seatbelt on). She performed the slalom through the cones quickly and professionally, not knocking over a single one. She backed into a parking place only using the mirrors, but when she parallel parked the right rear tire touched the curbing (even though she did get it in the slot first try). The examiner told her to pull to the front of the building and quickly got out of the car (I think she would have kissed the pavement if she hadn't been so dizzy.) Ms. Kitty had to ask her 3 times if she passed the test before the examiner said yes, but that it was the fastest test she'd ever run (said, "My God" under her breath.) Good thing Georgia driving standards are so easy (parking lot tests with cones are ridiculously easy). I don't think Ms. Kitty would have passed the Maine driving test. (Actual road driving regardless of conditions, including park on a hill in the snow if the weather is bad when you take the test.) Her brother said something like, "What the H*** do you think you were doing? This isn't Indy racing!" She replied, "You said the car was sluggish, so I pressed it. I didn't think it was sluggish at all."
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Did you play any online games, like Quake? I think I remember playing a skeleton with that name.

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    Will you be playing the online game when it comes out?

I don't usually go in for the subscription games but roaming around the WH40K universe as an Inquisitor does have a interest for me.
    I've been trying to keep up with Dark Millennium news and yeah an MMO in the WH40k universe is something I'm really looking forward to. Tho goin as a Chaos Marine or a Black Templar is what I'm debating if those options are available. I like Imperial Guard in the Dawn of War RTS games due to the sheer devastation tanks and artillery can do but in an MMO I'm not sure how that will work out....be interesting tho...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Did you play any online games, like Quake? I think I remember playing a skeleton with that name.
    I was never a big FPS gamer...most my friends were....I'm more RPG and RTS gamer......all the Warcraft and Starcraft games....Diablo 1 & 2.....Neverwinter Nights...Baldur's Gate...that was my thing...now I mostly play Uncharted Waters Online...slow dull boring game...but I can play it and handle work, house chores, and the new baby lol

The cat did it the first try but scared the living daylights out of the examiner in the seat next to her. She was using someone else's car and was taking the test at the same time as her brother. He told her the car was more sluggish than her folks car (stick shift - not good for test). She was told to accelerate to 35 and then come to a complete stop. She slammed on the gas making two very nice black lines and slammed on the breaks, almost sending the examiner through the window (good thing she had her seatbelt on). She performed the slalom through the cones quickly and professionally, not knocking over a single one. She backed into a parking place only using the mirrors, but when she parallel parked the right rear tire touched the curbing (even though she did get it in the slot first try). The examiner told her to pull to the front of the building and quickly got out of the car (I think she would have kissed the pavement if she hadn't been so dizzy.) Ms. Kitty had to ask her 3 times if she passed the test before the examiner said yes, but that it was the fastest test she'd ever run (said, "My God" under her breath.) Good thing Georgia driving standards are so easy (parking lot tests with cones are ridiculously easy). I don't think Ms. Kitty would have passed the Maine driving test. (Actual road driving regardless of conditions, including park on a hill in the snow if the weather is bad when you take the test.) Her brother said something like, "What the H*** do you think you were doing? This isn't Indy racing!" She replied, "You said the car was sluggish, so I pressed it. I didn't think it was sluggish at all."
    By the way, the above story is not made up, it is the honest truth. For some reason, I still have the same affect on people with me when I'm driving. I have trouble staying in the lines, what can I say.