Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Your fat sugary ass!

Re: Your fat sugary ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I think beer has the reverse effect on me....I'm 5'11'' and I'm lucky to maintain 140 lbs.....and I assure you it is not from a lack of drinking beer....
    Jeez, you sound almost like my brother in law. Dude dropped all his red meat intake and switched primarily to fruits and vegetables, started running a lot to train for a marathon. Went down from 190 to below 150 and just completed a half-marathon. He's not a very fun guy to be around now, that being said. Go to the bar? Nah, doesn't drink anything there at all aside from water. Go out to eat? Only if they have a salad bar. What does he want to do for fun? Go out and run around the block 40 times in a half hour.

Not that there's anything wrong with being healthy, but you gotta live a little. I'd love for beer to have the same effect on myself as you, consider yourself lucky with a gifted metabolism! Cherish it! Long gone are the days when I can eat whole pizzas for a week and not gain a single pound...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

See that's just it....I enjoy my beer....I don't work out at all unless I'm ordered to that one weekend at month by the US Army....when my gf asks what I want to eat I pretty much say cow or pig...dead and preferably cooked...I have a metabolism like a raging inferno star...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    See that's just it....I enjoy my beer....I don't work out at all unless I'm ordered to that one weekend at month by the US Army....when my gf asks what I want to eat I pretty much say cow or pig...dead and preferably cooked...I have a metabolism like a raging inferno star...

I topped out at 255 a few years ago, dropped 50 of it and then looked at a milkshake one day and put 30 of it back on. I am 6ft 1 inch and it is evenly distributed. I hate soft drinks, only drink coffee and tea and don't overeat or snack. My metabolism has slowed to a crawl. Be warned kidaver, it will happen to you. One day you will see a picture of yourself and wonder what in the hell happened.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I do partake in a large milkshake a day as well...and as for my metabolism slowing down...my mother and father are both skinny like I am and both are in their 50's now and there's hasn't slowed down either yet....and I watch my son...he's going to be the same way...he eats and eats and runs and runs....when I first joined the military I was underweight...couldn't even get a 5lb waiver to get in...they told me to gain weight and come back in 1 month...I ate and ate...did that weight gainer crap you can drink...ate lots of dairy and drank milk....in 1 month I gained 2 lbs and was able to use the waiver to get in...in basic I did gain about 20 lbs but that was more to physical training than diet...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Your fat sugary ass!

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I topped out at 255 a few years ago, dropped 50 of it and then looked at a milkshake one day and put 30 of it back on. I am 6ft 1 inch and it is evenly distributed. I hate soft drinks, only drink coffee and tea and don't overeat or snack. My metabolism has slowed to a crawl. Be warned kidaver, it will happen to you. One day you will see a picture of yourself and wonder what in the hell happened.
    I remember what high metabolism was like. I was a small lad in school, topping out at around 5'6" before I graduated, and maxing out at 145-150 lbs. Grew another 2" afterwards and then got married, so I added 40 lbs of good cooking to myself. Still pretty evenly distributed aside from the aforementioned fuel tank for a sex machine spare tire.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I guess the lesson here is: If you let the government control your health then they must have the right to control what you do to your body.. You know to keep costs down for the good of the state..

Your fat sugary ass!

People say that universal healthcare is a great thing, until they have to deal with it. I would much rather have private health insurance to pay for, my taxes would be lower and I could afford a doctor who cared to get shit done with in the first place. As it stands right now everyone gets treated the exact same - like dirt.

Then there are those who abuse the system... Those ones get me the most irritated. Lots of "people" in the area I live start making false healthcare claims to get a free flight to the city (because it's the only place with a decently equipped hospital) so they can spend their welfare cheques on shopping sprees. Meanwhile people who are actually sick get shuffled around in the system because of all the no-shows from the aforementioned scumbags. It's a revolving door of terrible treatment.

Is the gov't in the right to say what people can and can't put in their bodies? Hell no, but should they be educating the masses to allow themselves to make better decisions? Hell yes. I think I've stated that before, but it still holds true.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Yes Akitu, lot of abuse in our welfare system, And free health care will be the same way. I knew people on welfare that would go to the emergency room once a month. If they caught a cold they would go.Talk about expensive. But they didn't have to pay for it. I DID with my taxes.
    i'm all for helping people, but I don't need to be taxed to do it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Your fat sugary ass!

In the end, New York City lost its appeal to ban sugary drinks over 16 oz or more container size.

NYC loses appeal to ban large sugary drinks - CNN.com

It is now up to the citizens of New York to make the right choices in the battle against obesity.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

I'm not sure why this is even an issue. In my opinion, what you do to your body is your responsibility. If some person eats themselves into oblivion, then they need to accept that it is no one's fault but there own. Same with drugs. If you want to do meth or coke, go right ahead, just be ready to accept the consequences to your actions.

I am not a walking advertisement for health and fitness. If something were to happen to me because I got that extra chili and cheese on my large tater tots at Sonic, I'm not going to blame the government for allowing such a portion to be sold, and certainly wouldn't campaign for such a measure.

This is probably more geared toward the same "Protect the children! Save the children!!" BS. How about this -- Educate your children! Be a parent, don't expect your government to do everything for you, In this area and many many others.