Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Where the rubber meets the road.

Re: Where the rubber meets the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    I'm sure evolution will produce a bicyclefish in a couple million years. It is just the natural progression of things. I can't wait. lol
    Either that or god will make one for our amusement.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Far be it from me to hand you a bicycle. If you don’t want religion in your life that is your prerogative and I shouldn’t meddle. I shouldn’t poke holes in other peoples reality either, but telling me God has no meaning is absurd. In case you want to know, here is why atheism is meaningless and theism is not. I’m guessing everyone has heard about that picture of the “face” on Mars. Some people assigned some meaning to it. I think some people even made a religion based on that picture. Later they discovered it was a total accident, they took pictures from other angles and lighting and figured out it was just another rock formation. It just happened all these factors came together that day and with just the right lighting, the right angle and the right distance a picture of that rock formation looked like a face. If someone still wants to assign some meaning to it that’s fine with me. But it was just an accident. According to atheism the universe and life to just spring into being. There is no God, it just happened. All these factors just happened to come together one day and our universe and later life just sprang into existence. If it did happen this way life just the product of chance it has no meaning. That’s just wonderful if you want to assign some meaning to it. If a bunch of people get together and say this matters or this doesn’t matter, good for them. If enough people come together and make a society with rules, jobs and family, fine. But the bottom line is this: if life was an accident any meaning people assign to it is nothing more than an illusion. A lot of atheists realize this and just say eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die. No God = Life has no meaning and nothing really matters. Which makes me wonder why an atheist does anything. I have a feeling many people here are not truly atheists. I still wondered why it matters to an atheist or evolutionist if a pedophile says they aren’t hurting anyone. I guess the answer for the moment is majority don’t agree with pedophiles. But with NAMBLA around, atheists theology that says life has no meaning, evolutionists theology that says there is no right or wrong only instincts, it is only a matter of time before that law passes. My reality is there is a God. The universe was no accident. Life was no accident. God intentionally made these things. Since it was intentional there is meaning to it. Pedophiles are wrong no matter what any person says.
    The chance that higher life forms might have emerged in this way is comparable to the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junkyard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein. -Fred Hoyle

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    My reality is there is a God. The universe was no accident. Life was no accident. God intentionally made these things. Since it was intentional there is meaning to it.
    Well, whatever rocks your boat.

Pedophiles are wrong no matter what any person says.
    Now that I can agree with.

Ultimately, adding to what I said before, here's another small rule of mine:

- Whatever people want to think, no matter how weird, bad or obnoxious, they've got the right of thinking it. They're thoughts, so no harm done. You think god exists? Go ahead. You think god doesn't exist? Fine. You think you're great and the rest of the world is inhabited by jerks? You're probably right. As long as your thoughts don't translate to harmful or illegal actions, thoughts are just thoughts.

The world would be a much better place if racists would only think about other shitty races, if criminals could only think about the perfect crimes and if pedophiles could only think about the cute boy from across the street.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

The pedophile is violating the child's rights and therefore in violation of the law.
    as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, you're free to do it
    This crosses the line.
    Some lines you just don't cross!
    It occurred to me, and this is meant as a compliment, but your guys aren’t very good atheists/evolutionists. Which is a good thing because a true atheist would not care what pedophiles do, life simply has no meaning to a true atheist. Same can be said about an evolutionist, a true evolutionist would not care what one human does to another as long as it does not interfere with their own survival. The moment someone say there are “rights” or even "a line" to cross, they are contradicting atheism/evolution. When you "believe" there is a such thing as right and wrong, you are acknowledging theism is true and atheism is false. Don't misunderstand me, there is a huge difference between believing in right and wrong and doing whats right or wrong. The fact that the majority of people do care what happens to children tells me they have a soul. I guess what someone said about not believing Christians because they don’t believe it themselves, the same can be said of atheism and evolution.
    The chance that higher life forms might have emerged in this way is comparable to the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junkyard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein. -Fred Hoyle

life simply has no meaning to a true atheist.
    Why?
    Mascan42

Ibid

I have a feeling most people say they are atheists for lack of a better term that describes not wanting religion in their life, not because they truly believe what atheism teaches. By definition atheism means “without god”, so the only cause left for an atheist to explain life is the random forces of nature. If life was the result of the random forces of nature, it was an accident. By definition an accident has no purpose or meaning. Therefore, to a true atheist life has no purpose or meaning. So what atheists believe is mostly contradicted by how they live. Accident – any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause; chance; fortune; luck. However, just about everyone I know thinks and lives as though life does have some meaning. Every attempt to assign meaning to life is either contradicting atheism or attempting to redefine it. My guess is what they believe is closer to an agnostic or deist. By contrast, if life was no accident and intentional..... Intentional – of or relating to intention or purpose. Purpose - the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

I am Jack's complete lack of interest...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

copiertech 500+ Posts

I have a feeling most people say they are atheists for lack of a better term that describes not wanting religion in their life, not because they truly believe what atheism teaches. By definition atheism means “without god”, so the only cause left for an atheist to explain life is the random forces of nature. If life was the result of the random forces of nature, it was an accident. By definition an accident has no purpose or meaning. Therefore, to a true atheist life has no purpose or meaning. So what atheists believe is mostly contradicted by how they live. Accident – any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause; chance; fortune; luck. However, just about everyone I know thinks and lives as though life does have some meaning. Every attempt to assign meaning to life is either contradicting atheism or attempting to redefine it. My guess is what they believe is closer to an agnostic or deist. By contrast, if life was no accident and intentional..... Intentional – of or relating to intention or purpose. Purpose - the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.
    Your argument is like me saying, "you drive a car and cars run over people therefore you run over people with you car".
    Just because someone says they are an atheist doesn't mean they think life has no meaning. That is a ridiculous statement.

says they are an atheist doesn't mean they think life has no meaning.
    My point was, there is a vast difference between what most atheists believe and what most atheists do. Like I said, most people I know attach meaning to life and are good people. This is a discussion about pedophiles and moral relativism.

Your argument is like me saying, "you drive a car and cars run over people therefore you run over people with you car".
    That is nothing like my argument. My argument goes like this: I call myself an independent, then proceed to vote for 99% republican and 1% democrat.