Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marital Status

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: Marital Status

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I know, Debs. Obviously I was not referring to you, and I bet you know some women that are like that. No personal offense intended. I did consider the possibility of a negative reaction from our female techs a day after I posted that. I'm a typical shortsighted male, I guess I hope you have a great weekend.
    OK, I'll be honest, for every man out there that is a bast**d (and there are quite a lot of them, believe me LOL), there are probably twice as many money grabbing female b*tches, I hate how they give my sex such a bad name. I am fiercely independent, I don't need a man to support me, I may spend my entire life virtually pennyless, but at least I have pride and dignity. You have a good weekend too

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    OK, I'll be honest, for every man out there that is a bast**d (and there are quite a lot of them, believe me LOL), there are probably twice as many money grabbing female b*tches, I hate how they give my sex such a bad name. I am fiercely independent, I don't need a man to support me, I may spend my entire life virtually pennyless, but at least I have pride and dignity. You have a good weekend too
    Britain's 'Iron Lady 2'. May Britain's Iron lady 1's soul rest in eternal peace!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Marital Status

I wish I could find some rich broad to feed me the rest of my life. Even my wife said "If you find one, don't forget to send me and your son money!"
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I wish I could find some rich broad to feed me the rest of my life. Even my wife said "If you find one, don't forget to send me and your son money!"
    You can't fail to 'Get Connected' through this forum. Good Luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I know I'm coming into this a little late but I haven't been on here in a while. I just wanted to give a little advice from experience.

If your wife really meant it when she said she will (try to) keep you from seeing your kids, you need all the help you can get. It was already brought up about keeping a journal but this can't be emphasized enough. Write down every time you see your kids, or every time you attempt to. Write date and time of every phone call and whether you were allowed to speak to the kids or not. (It's important to actually DO these things, even if you are blocked at every attempt. The court doesn't care if you've seen your kids, only that you've made the attempts.) If she doesn't let you see them at least once a week and talk on the phone at least every couple days, it reflects badly on her.
    Keep every threatening email and voicemail. If police are called (hopefully yours is not as bad as mine) write it in the journal and make sure you go to police station later to get a copy of the report. Be prepared (with evidence) to refute all the bad things she will say about you.

There have been several responses about counseling and giving it another shot. I of course agree with that, but any counseling or therapy would be unlikely to have any effect on a woman who would try to keep you from seeing your children. Being angry and bitter is one thing, but using your kids as a weapon is a sign of a sick mind.

And last, but not least, get a good lawyer experienced in dealing with this type of person. You may have to interview several before you find one.

P.S. If this is your wife, you will either be fighting for your parental rights nonstop until the kids are 18, or you will change your name and move to northern Canada. Help! I'm Divorcing a Narcissist | Psychology Today

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Marital Status

I wish you well dude... but screw the god crap.... get a good lawyer and a good therapist... of sime kind... could be a good friend... some one with their head's screwed on... becuase you might think you are making decisions in the best interest of the kids but you are not... so it helps to have some one to bounce things off... someone who is a clear thinker who is not directly tied to the situation...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GhostInTheMachine View Post

And last, but not least, get a good lawyer experienced in dealing with this type of person. You may have to interview several before you find one.
    Help! I'm Divorcing a Narcissist | Psychology Today

Not all lawyers are created equal.

In my case, when I was divorcing my first wife, 15 years ago...

First one that I paid to read the separation agreement, to ensure I didn't get screwed, missed the part that gave me all of the debt to pay off, while she still got half the money from the sale of our home.

The second one, I found out after the fact, had lost his drivers licence, because he drank so much.

The third one wanted $1200 up front as a retainer and $300 per hour.

The fourth one who was a top notch lawyer {shark}, handled the final divorce agreement. When I went back to his office to pick it up, I walked in and noticed it looked a little different, including the girl working the front desk. I told her my name and ask for the attorney. She got this funny look on her face and just pointed to a table against a wall with a newspaper on it. I walked over and looked at the headline. "Local Attorney Guilty of Misuse of Clients Money". Something to do with a few of his rich clients. He lost the right to practice for a year. Upside was he completed my divorce before it happened and didn't charge me, weather by mistake or on purpose.

The only thing I could add, is even her lawyer , who knows the law, will try to bully you with things that he can't get in court. Also, if you live in a rural area or small town, one or more of those lawyers probably fishes with the judge who will hear your case. You want one of those!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking