Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: Philosophical question of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Nope I do not have that....I do have a 15 month old with an obsession with Winnie the Pooh tho...

you both guys should be very happy with your kids choises

mine was obsesed with BARNEY,that was painfull

He likes Winnie the Pooh, Elmo, Cars, Lion King, even have the old Transformers animated movie and The Phantom Tollbooth.....however if a copy of Barney ever shows up in my house there will be a day of reckoning.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Depends if I met me on a Saturday night or a Sunday morning. Two very different people.
    You remind me of a novel I read and did for my Literature in High School way back in the 70s. It was written by a South African novelist Peter Abrahams, titled '' Mine Boy'', written during the APARTHEID period. Main character was a mine worker called XUMA, another one JOHANNES. Both blacks working in horrible conditions in the gold & diamond minds of South Africa. Their only consolation in life was drinking, drinking and drinking especially on Saturdays & Sundays. If you met Johannes on a Saturday and again meet him on a Monday morning at work you would not believe he is the same person you saw yesterday! Hence the saying, ''Johannes DRUNK & Johannes SOBER were TWO different people!''.
    - I love myself at all times, come rain or sunshine. I have no choice.

mjarbar

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    You remind me of a novel I read and did for my Literature in High School way back in the 70s. It was written by a South African novelist Peter Abrahams, titled '' Mine Boy'', written during the APARTHEID period. Main character was a mine worker called XUMA, another one JOHANNES. Both blacks working in horrible conditions in the gold & diamond minds of South Africa. Their only consolation in life was drinking, drinking and drinking especially on Saturdays & Sundays. If you met Johannes on a Saturday and again meet him on a Monday morning at work you would not believe he is the same person you saw yesterday! Hence the saying, ''Johannes DRUNK & Johannes SOBER were TWO different people!''.
    - I love myself at all times, come rain or sunshine. I have no choice.
    Saturday Night and Sunday Morning was also a pretty good film from 1960 staring Albert Finney, worth a look if it is ever on TV

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1960) - IMDb

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Philosophical  question of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Nope I do not have that....I do have a 15 month old with an obsession with Winnie the Pooh tho...
    Almost the same... It's for that reason why I'm selective of what I show my kid - I don't care if he'll like it or not, will I be able to tolerate watching it 10 times a day?

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    you both guys should be very happy with your kids choises

mine was obsesed with BARNEY,that was painfull

Apparently I was obsessed with that purple monster when I was a child. Thankfully I don't have a TV, or cable for that matter.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I found myself in woman version although she was about a ft shorter..we had so much in common even star signs and everything ..movies music sex ..I mean everything...

WE HATED EACHOTHER... but both agreed that the Sex was the best we ever had!

PS: I am not schizophrenic or Bi-polar.

And I am so glad it is all over!! Trust me! Never again!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Almost the same... It's for that reason why I'm selective of what I show my kid - I don't care if he'll like it or not, will I be able to tolerate watching it 10 times a day?

Apparently I was obsessed with that purple monster when I was a child. Thankfully I don't have a TV, or cable for that matter.
    ouch!!!
    i understand why you dont have TV

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    ouch!!!
    i understand why you dont have TV
    It's a combination of that, and the limited space my small 1 bed room apartment provides, coupled with the destructive power of a toddler. I'm afraid to own a TV, because I know something will get thrown at it and I'll have to buy another one. I haven't had a TV or cable in 4 years already, I can manage to wait another one or two for the kid to grow up enough to stop throwing everything.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

It's a combination of that, and the limited space my small 1 bed room apartment provides, coupled with the destructive power of a toddler. I'm afraid to own a TV, because I know something will get thrown at it and I'll have to buy another one. I haven't had a TV or cable in 4 years already, I can manage to wait another one or two for the kid to grow up enough to stop throwing everything.
    future baseball player

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I didn't miss television programming at all from 1975 to 1988. My wife is enthusiastic about her television programs. For me it's mostly background noise.

I believe that if you let it, the television will suck out your brain through you eyeballs, leaving you a muttering moron. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=