Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Stupid criminals

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    If being " In Office " is a punishment they do not like ....... then why do they keep running for the same office that causes so much suffering ?
    Have you also noticed that they do not let those criminal actions they are being tortured by get in the way of other illegal activities to engage in ?
    Once someone become a political animal, elected to office, and taste the fruits of that office, they sort of become like 'possessed by evil spirit'. As Darren King said, they enter the office with good intentions but there's just too much money they are exposed to in that office that it is very difficult to resist the temptation to steal some! Political office come with a lot of power, prestige, opulence, etc.,once there, many think they are now next to 'the Almighty God' in power, until the reality later dawns on them. They indeed cannot resist their criminal actions get into their way of engaging in other illegal activities, but as I said in my earlier post, the 'the dominating principle of the Universe is eternal', it does not care who you are, at the end of it all, the moment of truth will come...one day, and it does not matter how long it takes, and it will ask you for accountability of your actions!!!

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Once someone become a political animal, elected to office, and taste the fruits of that office, they sort of become like 'possessed by evil spirit'. As Darren King said, they enter the office with good intentions but there's just too much money they are exposed to in that office that it is very difficult to resist the temptation to steal some! Political office come with a lot of power, prestige, opulence, etc.,once there, many think they are now next to 'the Almighty God' in power, until the reality later dawns on them. They indeed cannot resist their criminal actions get into their way of engaging in other illegal activities, but as I said in my earlier post, the 'the dominating principle of the Universe is eternal', it does not care who you are, at the end of it all, the moment of truth will come...one day, and it does not matter how long it takes, and it will ask you for accountability of your actions!!!
    Maybe, but, in the meantime they are stealing my money and making my life more difficult than it already is. They already take 30% of my money. They piss most of it away, give a bunch of it to their rich friends (who already pay very little in taxes compared to the rest of us) and take the rest for themselves. It is disgusting.
    Personally, I think a good old fashioned tax revolt is in order. Take away the golden goose until they can prove they aren't just going to waste all the money.
    Just my opinion though.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Maybe, but, in the meantime they are stealing my money and making my life more difficult than it already is. They already take 30% of my money. They piss most of it away, give a bunch of it to their rich friends (who already pay very little in taxes compared to the rest of us) and take the rest for themselves. It is disgusting.
    Personally, I think a good old fashioned tax revolt is in order. Take away the golden goose until they can prove they aren't just going to waste all the money.
    Just my opinion though.
    Or, they are just giving your money away to a bunch of stupid lazy slackers. That pay exactly zero in taxes. Still, taking away the golden goose works just as well in that case, I suppose.

Crap, this post went way differently than I expected. It was supposed to be funny. Oh, well, too late now.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Or, they are just giving your money away to a bunch of stupid lazy slackers. That pay exactly zero in taxes. Still, taking away the golden goose works just as well in that case, I suppose.

Crap, this post went way differently than I expected. It was supposed to be funny. Oh, well, too late now.
    Sorry we diverted from the 'original' intention of the thread; but the title was tempting, it could fit either way. Any way 'better late than never', we could still correct it.
    As for paying taxes, it is the price to pay for living in a civilized society, it is in order to do so and very difficult to run away from, However, how the people we put in charge handle this taxes is a different matter altogether. It is a complicated world we live in. A world where some people wield power and others have to suffer under them. And personally I see no end to it! The Ideal world of 'Utopia' as envisioned by Budha & other philosophers only exist in imagination. Just be a responsible citizen, pay your tax and leave the rest to fate!

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post

I read somewhere, a long time ago, that governments don't mind paying welfare because a lot of that money returns in the form of taxes. Alcohol and smokes are big cash cows for the govt. And some of those on welfare tend to smoke and drink a lot.

I think I am to blame for the shift in this thread, and I am ready to take any punishment you deem appropriate. lol
    Last edited by Darren King; 05-02-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

I read somewhere, a long time ago, that governments don't mind paying welfare because a lot of that money returns in the form of taxes. Alcohol and smokes are big cash cows for the govt. And some of those on welfare tend to smoke and drink a lot.

I think I am to blame for the shift in this thread, and I am ready to take any punishment you deem appropriate. lol
    Huh, OK. You asked for it.
    If you come across a story as stupid as the toner stealing moron that I based the initial post on, you will post it here. Or you will post it elsewhere. In a fashion that the dope that did that can be properly mocked by everyone. For being an idiot.
    Ready, go!
    Oh, almost forgot the skill level: as little drama and politics as possible.
    I'm sure there are many political stories that need to be mocked, I lived in Illinois long enough to see two governors go to prison after all. But your mission, if you choose to take it, is to avoid that.
    And I find excessive drama boring, so avoid that, too.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 05-03-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Almost forgot the difficuty challenge.

copiertech 500+ Posts

I hope this meets your criteria.

Louisiana

A man walked into a Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer? Fifteen dollars. If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, was a crime committed?

I hope this meets your criteria.

Louisiana

A man walked into a Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer? Fifteen dollars. If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, was a crime committed?
    That is almost exactly what I was looking for when I started this, so good job, and thanks!
    The only flaw is that there is no link to the news story backing that up.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

This is one that I heard on a radio segment called "Dumb Crook News". Listeners sent in local stories from their newspapers. This was a few years ago...

A police station had a suspect that they were sure was responsible for a break in or a burglary They needed a confession. One of the officers came up with a plan. He wrote "He's lying" on a piece of paper and put it on the copier glass. They took a metal strainer and put two wires on it and ran them to the copier. They brought the suspect in and sat him down and put the strainer on his head telling him it was a lie detector. Every time they ask him a question that he lied about , the officer pushed the start button and the paper came out the end stating it was a lie. He confessed after a few minutes.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

SORRY
    This is not about a DUMB CRIMINAL ...
    but , this is DUMB, and should be considered CRIMINAL .....

CHAPIN, S.C. – A South Carolina high school teacher removed from the classroom when he stomped on an American flag while discussing freedom is being paid $85,000 to avoid a legal challenge.
    The State newspaper obtained documents under the Freedom of Information Act that show Chapin High School teacher Scott Compton is being paid the settlement by Lexington-Richland District 5, in addition to his salary through June 7.
    Compton resigned as part of the settlement after criticism about his actions last December. The documents also show that the school district will pay attorney fees of nearly $32,000 for Compton.
    The payments were not disclosed when Compton's resignation was announced March 27.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .