Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: British Soldier

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: British Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Dag, as far as "an eye for an eye" goes, does that really matter when the criminal is committing the crime for his religion, knows he his doing it for his god, and has been told that a reward awaits him when he is killed. He will laugh and beg for death.

Now if you want to be a creative problem solver, a story has it that when American General Black Jack Pershing was in the Philippines and was having trouble with Islamist rebels in the early part of the 20th century, he had a group of the rebel trouble makers rounded up, slaughtered a pig, dipped bullets in the pig blood, and executed all but one of them. The survivor was set free to spread the word about how rebels were now being executed. There was little to no problems from the rebels for a long time. That is an example of how to counter the promise of afterlife reward. Make them believe they will never see it.
    You've really made me lough very loudly; at least your 2nd half of the article made me do so. It would appear army Generals have got some good solutions to these vices in our society. A few years ago, again in my country,(about the year 2005), the same problem I referred to above, violent car and Bank robbery
    , this time with impunity, tried to rear its ugly head again. Both the citizens and foreigners living here were getting really alarmed about the deteriorating security situation. Until our country's president, himself a military General, appointed a senior military officer, at the rank of a colonel, to head an operation to flush out the thugs and restore law and order. The operation was code named 'wembley', and the result was almost instant! In less than 4weeks, many of the thugs were apprehended, while the rest were put out of action. Peace was restored. I think a 'no nonsense approach' , similar to the law of Moses, is sometimes very necessary to ensure sanity in the population. By the way, the 'Law of Moses' was NOT a Religious law as you insinuate.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    British Soldier

But I am aware that countries like Saudi Arabia that implement and practice these laws are free from serious crimes like murder, theft etc.
    Don't know where you have heard this but it is absolutely not true. I lived in the Middle East for many years.

Hans

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Don't know where you have heard this but it is absolutely not true. I lived in the Middle East for many years.

Hans
    Ee..eh, Tell us more! It would be very good to hear from a 'first hand ' witness like you. Probably its a 'misconception' I have held all along.