Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How was your day

Re: How was your day

Good easy day.
    2 network calls @ $50.00 each. Took 30 minutes for both and was ride along on one.

Did my monthly billing and some ran a boatload of color. Cha ching!

Tomorrow is going to be busy.
    Some times you have to think like a surfer.
    The bigger waves are harder, but worth the effort when you ride it out to the beach.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    tearing down an hp lj c2550....someone who worked on it before me stripped out a screw...so now not only is something wrong with the carousel....I can't even get the thing out....also I didn't get a weekend as I went to drill over the weekend....if I can't go home and enjoy a cold beer I'm totally Rage Quiting!
    2 tips for stripped out screws when you don't have an "easy out" handy...1 Hammer and flat tip to strike the screw on the edge that tends to loosen it, and, 2, a good set of linemen's pliers can usually get enough of a grip on the remaining screw head to remove. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

My motto is Every day is a GREAT day. Some greater than others.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Today was an alright day. I'm going to have to remember to come back to this thread to rant when I've had a bad one though.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Athlontini View Post
    Watch tomorrow suck.
    I was wrong this time! I forget who said it, but this might end up being one of those weeks where one goes around cleaning slit glass and being declared the hero.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How was your day

End of month report week :sigh: (fun). I dont want to say anything else and jinx myself for the rest of today. So far so good.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    Some times you have to think like a surfer.
    The bigger waves are harder, but worth the effort when you ride it out to the beach.
    Just watch out for the sharks.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Was this a contest? If it was, I have a new entry.

Was having a great day, getting shit done and making money, then...

I got careless. Apparently the parking break is there to keep shit from happening when you are parked.

I pull into the customers drive on base. Two cars wide and about 35 to 40 feet long, with a downhill incline. There is a military truck parked on the left side to the front. It is a Dodge Ram 3500 with a custom built rear. It is made from solid tube steel. I park about 5 feet behind that truck. I then went inside and started working on an HP 4600. After about 7 or 8 minutes the Captain comes to be to say there is a problem with my truck. I go out to find it smashed into the large wooden deck and wedged between it and a light pole. When I got out, I didn't set the parking break. After I was in the building it jumped out of gear. My wheels were turned to the left from pulling into the drive. If they had been straight, It would have gone 5 feet forward and stopped when it hit the military truck. However, with my wheels turned, my truck , as it rolled downhill, made contact with the sharp rear corner of the Dodge. It had the effect of dragging a screwdriver down the side from the passenger side front fender to past the door, opening up part of the door like a can opener. The truck continued down another 10 to 12 feet until it smashed into the deck, folding in the fender and buckling the hood. Because contact was made with the truck and deck, got a $100 ticket. Truck is in body shop, so I get to drive one of the old smelly ones.

Since it is North Carolina and it has rained for the last 3 days, the humidity was only 2 or 300 per cent for the hour and a half I was outside.

The First Sergeant pointed out that it could have been worse. The light pole stopped it from taking out their central air and hitting the building. They would have been really pissed.

Would have posted pics, but 40 pound puppy ate phones usb, after munching on my new glasses.

Edit..downloaded dropbox and have new avatar and profile pic.

Do I win?
    Last edited by fixthecopier; 06-06-2013 at 03:20 AM.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    How was your day

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Was this a contest? If it was, I have a new entry.

Do I win?
    In my book you do!
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Do I win?
    Only if you had to reschedule for parts.