Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mjarbar

Re: How was your day

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I've actually been having some pretty good days recently. Four calls a day that were relatively easy to fix and somewhat unlikely to produce call backs. The service route was the circle of life (first and last call relatively close to home, and the others were in order on the circumference). The time in the car wasn't unusually long for me, usually over 75 miles but not much more, which is OK since I chose to work on the periphery and have had days when I did one call and racked up over three hundred miles. Getting home at a reasonable hour so that the employer gets their eight hours of honest work, but also I don't need to go to bed right after I park the work car. Also, less than average amounts of people who must drive very differently than me while I'm on the road (to describe it any other way leads to madness, and who needs that?).
    The last weekend was decent as well. While gas prices and the new house payments prevent me from exploring like I used to do (d'oh...), the local weather has been nice. The new place has a larger back yard than I'm used to, but it has been nice and green so far this year. And the $80 riding mower makes short work of tending to it.
    So, while it hasn't been terribly exciting, it has been pleasant. Pleasant is good.
    I describe days like that as mellow, nothing to bum you out where you just relax a bit and do what needs to be done.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

how was my day.....the same as it's been everyday for the last 17.5 months...just perfect....no one can annoy or upset me....if I can't fix it...I no longer get upset...as far as I'm concerned, there's more important things in life...if a copier is broke & the customer gives me grief...what's the problem...they still have their original....it's amazing what finding the right woman can do for you

Debs....i've told you before....ignore them all.....they're just jealous of you!!!

Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    ....it's amazing what finding the right woman can do for you

Debs....i've told you before....ignore them all.....they're just jealous of you!!!

Now I know where I'm going wrong LOL

Thanks hun, I appreciate your support xx
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I can't be rude to people, it's not in my make up, I wish others would treat me with the same respect
    I like when people are being rude to me and I just keep calm and laying on the 'nice guy' routine, makes them get even more angry.
    I take it as a personal challenge to placate this type of person, it comes with the territory. 20 something years in the job make you immune to idiots

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Wink Re: How was your day

shit day (ordered wrong part again)

It started as a good day...... I found out how to share a problem on the copytechnet forum.
    but that changed 30 minutes ago.......... i can not find my own call back :-(

ps: Wife out of the hospital now after complex surgery and upcoming holiday in one week.
    I had days that were worse.....

Regards, Ab

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    shit day (ordered wrong part again)
    Yeah, that's all it takes.

All this week I keep waking up expecting to have a shit day and they keep turning out fine...aside from one in-shop machine that refuses to work no matter how many boards you put into it...in a way it's kind of nice to know that eventually a machine can kick your ass to the point where you stop caring entirely.

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    How was your day

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I've actually been having some pretty good days recently. Four calls a day that were relatively easy to fix and somewhat unlikely to produce call backs. The service route was the circle of life (first and last call relatively close to home, and the others were in order on the circumference). The time in the car wasn't unusually long for me, usually over 75 miles but not much more, which is OK since I chose to work on the periphery and have had days when I did one call and racked up over three hundred miles. Getting home at a reasonable hour so that the employer gets their eight hours of honest work, but also I don't need to go to bed right after I park the work car. Also, less than average amounts of people who must drive very differently than me while I'm on the road (to describe it any other way leads to madness, and who needs that?).
    The last weekend was decent as well. While gas prices and the new house payments prevent me from exploring like I used to do (d'oh...), the local weather has been nice. The new place has a larger back yard than I'm used to, but it has been nice and green so far this year. And the $80 riding mower makes short work of tending to it.
    So, while it hasn't been terribly exciting, it has been pleasant. Pleasant is good.

Good to hear, sounds great to me
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.