Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Solar system silliness

I don't know if anyone likes this sort of thing, but if you enjoy comparisons of everything from the tiniest thing we understand to the most vast, here you go:
    The Scale of the Universe 2
    Also, for what it is worth, here is a to scale representation of our own solar system:
    Solar System Scale Model
    (Heh, back when I lived in Illinois, one of the universities there actually built a to scale model of the solar system. If I remember correctly, the Sun was in Peoria, and as in those days Pluto was still considered a planet it was somewhere in Wisconsin or Minnesota. But it's been quite a while so I could be mistaken.)

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Re: Solar system silliness

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    What this needs is to be made into a documentary. Morgan Freeman as narrator.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Athlontini View Post
    What this needs is to be made into a documentary. Morgan Freeman as narrator.
    Whenever Morgan Freeman narrates something, I tend to believe every word. He could be telling me that Aquaman was a real person and could actually breathe under water and I would believe him because he's Morgan Freeman. Thank God he's not a spokesman for NAMBLA...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    Whenever Morgan Freeman narrates something, I tend to believe every word. He could be telling me that Aquaman was a real person and could actually breathe under water and I would believe him because he's Morgan Freeman. Thank God he's not a spokesman for NAMBLA...
    I agree, when he ' narrates ' you cannot help but believe him ! ( He IS from the SOUTH you know )
    HOWEVER ...... as with some people .... you cannot believe every thing they say . After all , he did endorse O blame a !
    And , yes it is true he did correct a lot people : he stated that O blame a is not the first Black prez ... he is the first Mixed Race prez.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Solar system silliness

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    I agree, when he ' narrates ' you cannot help but believe him ! ( He IS from the SOUTH you know )
    HOWEVER ...... as with some people .... you cannot believe every thing they say . After all , he did endorse O blame a !
    And , yes it is true he did correct a lot people : he stated that O blame a is not the first Black prez ... he is the first Mixed Race prez.

So are you telling me that his mixed race will get him better service at Denny's? Sorry, but in America (and in most of the Northern Hemisphere) he's a black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctl-Alt-Del View Post
    So are you telling me that his mixed race will get him better service at Denny's? Sorry, but in America (and in most of the Northern Hemisphere) he's a black guy.
    What a person's color is SHOULD be irrelevant but it isn't. Tho I think it's just as ignorant and close minded to support a person because of their color as it is to dislike someone for the same reason. But anyways...I'd like to have my service at Denny's done by Morgan Freeman...just let him read off the menu to me as I enjoy my coffee....that would be the best breakfast ever....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

As an American I have to disagree with you there. There are several types of black guys. There's Charlie Murphy black (or Wesley Snipes black) which is the darker black. Then there is the Sinbad (or in this case, Obama) black which is the lighter black. You also have the stereotypical, hood rat black guys that come in various shades. And then there is the very rare "the one black guy at the Van Halen concert" black guy, also in various shades.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Solar system silliness

As an American I have to disagree with you there. There are several types of black guys. There's Charlie Murphy black (or Wesley Snipes black) which is the darker black. Then there is the Sinbad (or in this case, Obama) black which is the lighter black. You also have the stereotypical, hood rat black guys that come in various shades. And then there is the very rare "the one black guy at the Van Halen concert" black guy, also in various shades.
    And your point is?

And your point is?
    Point? Who said anything about having a point? I'm pretty sure this whole thread is pointless...

Edit:
    Actually, the point was to kind of goof on your racist post. No hard feelings, though...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Solar system silliness

Point? Who said anything about having a point? I'm pretty sure this whole thread is pointless...

Edit:
    Actually, the point was to kind of goof on your racist post. No hard feelings, though...

My post was far from racist, I was pointing out that even though some claim that President Obama (and others) are of mixed race, they are still viewed as Black by most people. I threw in the Denny's part to illustrate how black and other minorities are sometimes treated differently than whites. No racism, just social commentary.

Denny's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a nice day!