Page 13 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Re: The random thought thread

Why can't car makers make a comfortable seat anymore. And what the hell is with the headrests. They push your head forward and give you a stiff neck.

So, on my mind, and related to different cultures and the games played in dating:

1) What is with this "hard to get" lark. It's risky business if you really are interested in the other person.

2) "I am not ready to be exclusive". Doesn't that just mean, I am not really interested in a romantic relationship with you, but you may due my biding until someone better comes along?

Personally, I don't think it is right to be seeing more than person at at time - at least once things get..ahem...physical. Am I old fashioned? Blue-eyed? Idealistic?

I am not an angry young man, I am 38, and have a few longish relationships behind me (longest was 6 years and include a house).

I'm just an honest man, and would describe my way of communicating as "face value", since I don't like to play games and hide my intentions or feelings.

Comments are welcome

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Traditional Irish step dancing (i.e Riverdance) seriously, whats the point.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Setright View Post
    I am not an angry young man, I am 38, and have a few longish relationships behind me (longest was 6 years and include a house).
    At first I read that as "the longest was 6 years and included a horse." O.o
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdrawkcab View Post
    Traditional Irish step dancing (i.e Riverdance) seriously, whats the point.
    attractive young girls in an odd but cute short dress doing an equally odd but very bouncy dance... if u dont see the point check your pulse
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    attractive young girls in an odd but cute short dress doing an equally odd but very bouncy dance... if u dont see the point check your pulse
    Damn right, it's the best, not to mention the incredible skill it takes to do it.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Why do light switches say on/off? When it’s on you can see it’s on, when it’s off you can’t see it to read it.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I got a haircut recently, unfortunately the shirt I was wearing collects hair clippings in the collar to the point where it is uncomfortable to wear for three or four standard laundry cycles. Anybody have any laundry tips for that? I'm not ready to set it on fire yet.
    1. Get fewer haircuts. That way there will be enough time to get all the hair washed out before your collar gets filled up again.
    2. Tell your barber! The barber will then be more careful about letting the clippings collect in the collar. Or will spitefully see to it that there are more clippings in the collar. In the second instance get a new barber.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I got a haircut recently, unfortunately the shirt I was wearing collects hair clippings in the collar to the point where it is uncomfortable to wear for three or four standard laundry cycles. Anybody have any laundry tips for that? I'm not ready to set it on fire yet.
    I used to get pissed having to shell out cash to someone to cut my hair, and I was never really satisfied with the outcome, or maybe just didn't feel I got my money's worth. Buy a clipper and a razor and add the melon to the shaving routine. Hell of a lot cooler, no need for shampoo or conditioner, no one can tell how grey or thinning you are, and not a chance for head lice or dandruff. Watch out for the strong sunlight though, sunburn on the pate is a bitch.

Now my random thought: Listening to the Grateful Dead in a room full of Blacklight Posters. Ahh, memories...

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Has anyone wondered? Ok they put in elevators in buildings to make them handicapped accessible. They say in event of fire or emergency take the stairs. How do the handicapped people get out, if they can't take the elevator? I guess they're screwed. :x