former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Re: The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Supposing the upper spiritual echelons are all knowing and all seeing I don't think it would it matter if they wore cling wrap as a period costume...
    well if I see some bloke wearing cling wrap and work boots I may duck down another aisle and pretend I didn't see you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Since my Mother has never held a drivers licence the thought of putting her behind a wheel at 95 fills me with terror.
    It would be like giving a toddler a machine gun. (To all our American friends that is a bad thing).

Now watch the trolls rev up and the hate mail fly!!!!

No revving up or hate here, but I've got two girls, 7 yrs & 3 yrs old, that both know how to operate a firearm. Granted my youngest just has her little pink Daisy Ryder, but she knows about the safety mechanism and not to point it at people. My 7 year old just upgraded (against my Wife's wishes ) from the .22 Rifle to a Youth Mossberg Maverick 20 gauge pump (Proud Daddy!!)

EDIT: My mother is only 53, and has driven since she was a teen, and riding with her in a car is the most terrifying experience I've ever had to endure. I feel like Heaven is just an intersection away when riding with her.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Since my Mother has never held a drivers license the thought of putting her behind a wheel at 95 fills me with terror.
    It would be like giving a toddler a machine gun. (To all our American friends that is a bad thing).
    we had to yank my mom's NCDL when she turned 94yrs. She was FURIOUS.. in fact called the COPS on me for stealing her car keys. I had to leave Angier in a HC Sheriff car.. ride to Raleigh ( 45+ mins ) to have Mom confront me. After her neighbors and my brother explained to them what had happened, I got ANOTHER ride home back to Angier and they even bought me a combo meal as a way to apologize.

AS FAR as the "hate mail" thingy... 1) except for COLLECTORS Machine Guns ( full auto ) have been outlawed for DECADES.
    2) ANY responsible gun owner would NEVER give a gun to toddler ..even IF ( impossible ) they had passed a national gun safety course. IT seems that RESPONSIBLE gun owners here in the USA get a lot of bad heat on this subject, but REALLY we are some of the most respectable - law abiding - honest - caring people you will find.
    3) I have pulled my weapon 3 times against a human. One was at a local college where a 'boy" had stolen a pocketbook and the girl was running after him screaming. He saw my pistol and dropped to the ground where he was taken into custody. The other two were illegals breaking into my house WHILE I WAS WATCHING TV! .. one guy didn't care for my muzzle in his nose.. so he pissed on my kitchen floor waiting for the PoPo. other than that.. never drew in anger... but I train 5-6 hours a week ( still - swinging - run n gun) Yes I have a range on my property!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    we had to yank my mom's NCDL when she turned 94yrs. She was FURIOUS.. in fact called the COPS on me for stealing her car keys. I had to leave Angier in a HC Sheriff car.. ride to Raleigh ( 45+ mins ) to have Mom confront me. After her neighbors and my brother explained to them what had happened, I got ANOTHER ride home back to Angier and they even bought me a combo meal as a way to apologize.

AS FAR as the "hate mail" thingy... 1) except for COLLECTORS Machine Guns ( full auto ) have been outlawed for DECADES.
    2) ANY responsible gun owner would NEVER give a gun to toddler ..even IF ( impossible ) they had passed a national gun safety course. IT seems that RESPONSIBLE gun owners here in the USA get a lot of bad heat on this subject, but REALLY we are some of the most respectable - law abiding - honest - caring people you will find.
    3) I have pulled my weapon 3 times against a human. One was at a local college where a 'boy" had stolen a pocketbook and the girl was running after him screaming. He saw my pistol and dropped to the ground where he was taken into custody. The other two were illegals breaking into my house WHILE I WAS WATCHING TV! .. one guy didn't care for my muzzle in his nose.. so he pissed on my kitchen floor waiting for the PoPo. other than that.. never drew in anger... but I train 5-6 hours a week ( still - swinging - run n gun) Yes I have a range on my property!
    Criminal Conviction Rates – Police vs. Concealed Carry Holders – National Gun Network
    some stats most won't hear about

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The recreation department in the town where I grew up, Coalinga, CA, owned and operated a camp near Cambria, CA. Part of that camp was a 25 meter rifle range and an archery range. The camp had sessions for all ages from 1st grade through 8th grade and all campers who had passed the NRA safety course were allowed to use it.

For historical references, long time director was Bill Yeager, father of Retired Air Force General Chuck Yeager and grand father of former Dodger's catcher Steve Yeager.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Since my Mother has never held a drivers licence the thought of putting her behind a wheel at 95 fills me with terror.

Re Mum Driving.
    If mum started driving; you believe it would be safer for everyone to stand in the middle of the road....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    well if I see some bloke wearing cling wrap and work boots I may duck down another aisle and pretend I didn't see you
    Re. Pearly gates upstairs :

I'm probably heading down the pearly staircase the otherway.

When the elevator stops the leather steal cap boots might work but the cling wrap melts.
    But I won't mind, because I will be so busy shaking hands with all my mates...
    I'll keep an eye out for a bloke with a propeller on top of his cap with a logo that says BLADE....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re. Pearly gates upstairs :

I'm probably heading down the pearly staircase the otherway.

When the elevator stops the leather steal cap boots might work but the cling wrap melts.
    But I won't mind, because I will be so busy shaking hands with all my mates...
    It also means that your be stuck with a lot of photocopier salesmen for the rest of eternity. That thought alone is enough to make me mend my ways.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

It also means that your be stuck with a lot of photocopier salesmen for the rest of eternity. That thought alone is enough to make me mend my ways.

Noooooooo!

While running in the dog pound there's a good chance you'll catch the same flees.

You'll be damned for ever... The salesmen will insist that you are the ONLY ONE that can fix their copiers, so you will be called down stairs with them.....

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re Mum Driving.
    If mum started driving; you believe it would be safer for everyone to stand in the middle of the road....
    My father-in-law used to drive in the outer 1/2 of the lane. Anyone standing on the yellow line would be perfectly safe. Now, anyone walking on the sidewalk or shoulder better dive for cover.

When I was sure that we were going to take out a streetlight, I would covertly reach over, grab the bottom corner of the wheel and try to wrench the left hand wheels back onto the pavement for a moment. He would give be looks: "What are you trying to do?"

He's gone now. It was one of the last times he drove. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=