Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

If you donate your body to science, which branch of science gets it?

Blast! My neighbors foiled my plan to wait until May to first mow my lawn. Oh well, at least the $85 riding mower worked as expected today.

On a totally unrelated note, I went on a random YouTube journey after watching the bulldozer battle vid, and I ended up here (if you choose to watch the following, I'd recommend turning down the volume first):

I suppose my current avatar would make it apparent that I kind of like watching large trucks doing offroad things.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I have been using spare time at work to fill in gaps on my training online. I had these two generic courses on IT hardware and software. The one on hardware had 30 questions and I passed it the first time. It was getting near end of day and I wanted to knock down the other test before end of day. As luck would have it, two of my IT guys were back in the shop. These guys are excellent at what they do, so I felt good about this. As I read the questions aloud, they couldn't help but take interest, discussing it among the 2 of them and coming to a consensus on the answer. Did I mention how good these guys are? 20 question test, first time out, scored a 53.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I have been using spare time at work to fill in gaps on my training online. I had these two generic courses on IT hardware and software. The one on hardware had 30 questions and I passed it the first time. It was getting near end of day and I wanted to knock down the other test before end of day. As luck would have it, two of my IT guys were back in the shop. These guys are excellent at what they do, so I felt good about this. As I read the questions aloud, they couldn't help but take interest, discussing it among the 2 of them and coming to a consensus on the answer. Did I mention how good these guys are? 20 question test, first time out, scored a 53.
    Was it a Kyocera Test?

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

I was delivering some toner to a business but a sign on the door said 'NO WANKERS'. As I turned to leave I re read the sign and it said 'NO HAWKERS', phew, mission accomplished

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Was it a Kyocera Test?

Konica. It's one I should have done 15 years ago. Had questions that referenced Windows 95.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

From my experience with KM technology exams, there is a right, wrong and KM answer. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts StrippedScrew's Avatar

But now it's the left or right debate

Ever had problems with truck eating bridges? There's two out here, and here's the lesser of them:

Truck eating bridge.jpg

I got to see a tall cube van get its top ripped off there. What a mess.
    The major one is two blocks over, and it is right at the very bottom of the river bluff, so due to the angle of the street it will wreck trucks even if they are shorter than the listed height on the bridge if the truck is long enough. There's automated height warning lights on the way down the bluff to that bridge now though, so it hasn't eaten any trucks lately.