Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

Whelp, there's enough weeds growing through the joints in the driveway now, so it's about time to commit herbicide.
    If salt didn't damage concrete, I'd use that. It's my chemical of choice to kill thistles out in the yard.
    I had no idea that there were salt mines on Ohio, but I guess there are.
    (Open the link at your own peril.)

Neat view from the ISS:

iss044e045215.jpg

From this article:
    Stargazing from the ISS : Image of the Day
    Open that link at your own peril.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

why are breast implants shaped like tuna patties

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Fuck stairs!

-My ankle, foot tendons, and knee. They all say it at once, all damn day today.

I blame Isaac Newton and my cat.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Neat view from the ISS:

iss044e045215.jpg

From this article:
    Stargazing from the ISS : Image of the Day
    Open that link at your own peril.
    Living out in the central desert country has some advantages. On a clear night with no clouds you can see the milkyway galaxy almost as clear as the picture shown, quite amazing. On a full moon you can walk around at night and see quite clearly.

I now live on the coast. I've seen some amazing scenes at night. One very overcast pitch black night I witness sea plankton glowing phosphor in the water. As the boat went through the water the wake of the boat light up with a bright green glow. The bow of the boat sprayed glowing water out the front. You could see large fish streaking through the water leaving a glowing trail behind them. I immediately thought of the movie Avatar as the characters walked through the movies glowing forest at night.

Nature is truly amazing,you only have to get out there and have a look....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Living out in the central desert country has some advantages. On a clear night with no clouds you can see the milkyway galaxy almost as clear as the picture shown, quite amazing. On a full moon you can walk around at night and see quite clearly.

I now live on the coast. I've seen some amazing scenes at night. One very overcast pitch black night I witness sea plankton glowing phosphor in the water. As the boat went through the water the wake of the boat light up with a bright green glow. The bow of the boat sprayed glowing water out the front. You could see large fish streaking through the water leaving a glowing trail behind them. I immediately thought of the movie Avatar as the characters walked through the movies glowing forest at night.

Nature is truly amazing,you only have to get out there and have a look....
    I know exactly what you mean. I always remember the night I was walking along the shore of Lake Malawi (where I grew up). There was a huge full moon rising 'out of the water', while at the same time a terrific lightning storm was moving in from the south. A lightning flash set a colony of weaver-birds nests on a tree growing on a small island about a mile off-shore ablaze. The reflections on the water were just AMAZING.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

My life is now a punchline in a Jeff Foxworthy joke. You might be a redneck if your house is infested with opossums instead of mice. I knew the adults were coming on the back deck to eat cat food, then the other night my wife and daughter woke me to tell me about the baby in the kitchen. It seems one of their young found a way in behind the washer and prefers the indoor kitty food. The cats just look at me like "You gotta be kidding".
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    The random thought thread

-----------begin random rant-------------

64GB USB 2.0 Flash Memory Stick Storage Thumb U Disk Transparent LED Light Gift

From ebay

Its actually 16gb and has had the controller chip hacked to tell windows its 4 times bigger than it really is.

============data corruption=================

-----------end random rant-------------
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    My life is now a punchline in a Jeff Foxworthy joke. You might be a redneck if your house is infested with opossums instead of mice. I knew the adults were coming on the back deck to eat cat food, then the other night my wife and daughter woke me to tell me about the baby in the kitchen. It seems one of their young found a way in behind the washer and prefers the indoor kitty food. The cats just look at me like "You gotta be kidding".
    If it wasn't so hard to keep them out, it would be really really funny. I can just picture the indoor cats huddling around: "Who invited this guy? He's the ugliest cat I've ever seen."
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Apparently there were mink farms in the area where I grew up, as every once in a while you'd see a mink or an ermine out there. They're like weasels, only with a better hairdoo. And angrier. While some of the farm cats in that area would catch rabbits and squirrels then, they'd run away like they had seen a ghost if they ever saw a mink.
    Opossums are pretty ugly, aren't they?