Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    If you are young, this might go over your head...

The Old school....

This is the machine where all those double sided OHT's are used...
    At least some teachers thought so as you removed the OHT remains out of the fuser.

I believe they are still used to this day for sign writing, arts and graphics projections...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Got back yesterday afternoon from the day trip with the folks to see the relatives in MI.
    There had to be the least amount of road construction I've ever seen in the Chicago area ever then. It still sucked though.
    The road construction there is kind of like a force field that keeps dopes like me out of Chicago.

Six out of seven dwarves aren't happy

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Got back yesterday afternoon from the day trip with the folks to see the relatives in MI.
    There had to be the least amount of road construction I've ever seen in the Chicago area ever then. It still sucked though.
    The road construction there is kind of like a force field that keeps dopes like me out of Chicago.
    Our city motto "Tampa Bay, brought to you by Bob's Barricades" Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Our city motto "Tampa Bay, brought to you by Bob's Barricades" Emujo
    At least you all have road construction!! Some of the roads here will take the wheels off your car, the state doesn't even try to fix them anymore.

It's better to drive slow around road construction than it is to drive slow around mine shaft potholes!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    At least you all have road construction!! Some of the roads here will take the wheels off your car, the state doesn't even try to fix them anymore.

It's better to drive slow around road construction than it is to drive slow around mine shaft potholes!
    You might see if you could gain admittance to the unofficial territory of Forgottonia. I lived there for a while.
    While I'm ashamed to say so, during the summer we sometimes had a Department of Transportation Prevention there. All was forgiven when the salt trucks came out during the winter ice though.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

If your area is lacking in new roads it is because we got them. there must be a few hundred million spent in the last decade in my county. 2 lanes to 4, interstate by-passes and lots of other stuff. A pain in the rear sometimes, but lucky to have it. There is a big difference when you cross the state line to SC.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re :Road construction.

Wouldn't you know it --"IT'S ELECTION TIME". And the "Political Spin Doctors" have promised 130million on new road construction in the local area.

Ahh...but wait until the election is over.... :
    Sorry voters we had to spend $130million on a conservation park for the rare endangered 3-legged unicorn.

Credit due:
    Actually it has taken 20 years but the federal gov't bean-counters have allocated funds to fixed some of the bad sections of the local state highways.The last 3 year have seen some bad highway black-spots fixed. I guess the gov't worked out all by themselves that the mounting road death-toll is an important issue even before elections come around.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    You might see if you could gain admittance to the unofficial territory of Forgottonia. I lived there for a while ...
    Thanks Iowatech for some interesting reading. I lived in Illinois for 18 years, and never heard of this. Around Chicago, you can't go around the block with meeting road construction. During my high school years the Eisenhower Expressway was narrowed to two lanes each way. It seems like it was under construction for a period of 5 years, but that may be an exaggeration. There was so much traffic in the remaining open lanes that the road wore to a "W" contour, often scraping the undercarriage of low slung vehicles. I particularly remember the claustrophobic feeling of driving a 6' wide car in a 7' wide lane with concrete barriers on each side, and the bottom of the car scraping occasionally.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=