Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The markets are crashing because there are those with money who do not like an independent Britain are able to manipulate the market. Had the vote gone the other way, the big money people who want an independent Britain would have caused the market to go down equally as much. It will take six months or more before the true effect is known. Hopefully it will negligible.
    I don't see where the market is crashing. At least not that hard. The best I could see so far most of the losses are ten percent or less. It has been my observation that the market usually recovers pretty quickly from those tiny losses.
    I am not a trader though, so what do I know.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I don't see where the market is crashing. At least not that hard. The best I could see so far most of the losses are ten percent or less. It has been my observation that the market usually recovers pretty quickly from those tiny losses.
    I am not a trader though, so what do I know.
    I'm with you on that theory; the day before that the market advanced 250 points. I heard one trader say he would like the market drop even more - so he could buy back in at a lower cost
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post

People think Texit is next
    Texas wants to leave the union??? I suppose if this train of thought keeps up we'll be debating Waxit. (which has nothing to do with Brazil!)
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Texas wants to leave the union??? I suppose if this train of thought keeps up we'll be debating Waxit. (which has nothing to do with Brazil!)
    Are you sure ( wax on, wax off ) ?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The markets are crashing because there are those with money who do not like an independent Britain are able to manipulate the market. Had the vote gone the other way, the big money people who want an independent Britain would have caused the market to go down equally as much. It will take six months or more before the true effect is known. Hopefully it will negligible.
    With that kind of insight you should trade. ..one of us, one of us..
    But really no. The OTF "big" money was on Remain. The market reacts poorly to uncertainty. This time Wall st. was so wrong. So was I.
    Iowa, this is considered crash level sell off a la 2008. But your right, it's not the end of the world. Just stings a lil

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I'm with you on that theory; the day before that the market advanced 250 points. I heard one trader say he would like the market drop even more - so he could buy back in at a lower cost

I've heard the bean-counters refer to the sudden stockmarket crash-an-reinvest as "The Bull run".
    I'm not a share trader perse unless you include gov't assured superannuation.

I've always viewed the stockmarket as a "giant poker/one-arm-bandit machine." :
    Throw your hard earned money into it, push the transfer/play button and watch it disappear.

There is an unknown element of stockmarket scam software out there, not to my liking.
    IMHO I believe People are not savvy enough to know potential scam-ware is hidden within multi-layers.
    I've heard from two people using two different money syphoning stock trader packages.
    The people in question didn't speak too nicely about their stock market experiences.

On the other hand I believe their will be people out there who speak highly of trading in stocks and shares...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I wish the U.K. the best of luck in whatever path they choose.
    Thankyou. I am English and my surname can be traced back further than the current Royal Family.

Talking to people the majority wanted out for various reasons, I spoke to one person who admitted to voting to stay in.

Throughout history England has been a strong country with one of the oldest parliamentary sovereignty systems in the world, why should we be controlled by a load of arseholes in Brussels?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Well the Sandgropers over in the west do have some peculiar habits, wanting to secede from the Federation is just one of them.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lagonda

Why is it called a Brazilian wax... ? It has nothing to do with the bra-line...

I figure the UK is having a mass-debate over the EU exit. Will it lead to a climax that suites every one... ?

Only time will tell...

If for some strange inevitable reason there's a world wide stock crash, we could always blame the UK.

I guess the bean-counters have gota blame something for syphoning off superfunds....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    Iowa, this is considered crash level sell off a la 2008. But your right, it's not the end of the world. Just stings a lil
    I owe you an apology. Later on in 2001 until probably 2003 or '04 it hurt enough that I didn't have the guts to even look at my statements. Then things recovered, and actually got a lot better too. Also there was the savings and loan and farm crisis crap back in the day which sucked, but I got better after those as well. I guess I've gone through enough stupid and wrong but got better with a decidedly very long term strategy and not a whole lot of money that I don't always take into account those who have a shorter term plan.
    Sorry about that.