Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    snip
    "RE. When you have an I hate my job day."

Sorry but I just have to "assk". Does the QC test each thermometer one at a time or is it production line by the dozen ?

Does J&J health and safety have instructional signs everywhere demonstrating work place safety procedures ?

I can some how picture new staff applying for a QC job. Sorry the job is a real bummer, you'll be working along side a lot of @rseholes...

Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Anybody watching the revival of Battlebots?
    It's the 'coliseum' of robotic destruction - the ideas the enigeers come up with.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

The IT office smells like Ramen and sadness.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Language

I can't decide if it's the work or if it's the lack of nicotine, but I am just really pissed off today.

If my swearing offends anyone, don't even fucking start with me. Don't pretend you've never heard words like that before or that I'm the first one to say them. This is a harsh business sometimes, I'm going gray and bald because of it, if toner inhalation doesn't kill me the off hours drinking will, so I don't need to hear how I've offended some special snowflake by expressing myself with colorful language. Go hide in your safe space and leave the work to those who will get shit done. Yeah, I complain about my job, because it was never my dream career. Show of hands, anybody have "service technician" as their dream career? I thought not. We do this work because it needs to be done and because we have bills to pay. If I use colorful language and you decide to get offended by that, you can fuck right off.

While swearing might not add anything important to the communication, as well as appearing to demonstrate a lack of vocabulary or intelligence, it makes me feel better.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

worker drone 250+ Posts

Re: Language

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    I can't decide if it's the work or if it's the lack of nicotine, but I am just really pissed off today.

If my swearing offends anyone, don't even fucking start with me. Don't pretend you've never heard words like that before or that I'm the first one to say them. This is a harsh business sometimes, I'm going gray and bald because of it, if toner inhalation doesn't kill me the off hours drinking will, so I don't need to hear how I've offended some special snowflake by expressing myself with colorful language. Go hide in your safe space and leave the work to those who will get shit done. Yeah, I complain about my job, because it was never my dream career. Show of hands, anybody have "service technician" as their dream career? I thought not. We do this work because it needs to be done and because we have bills to pay. If I use colorful language and you decide to get offended by that, you can fuck right off.

While swearing might not add anything important to the communication, as well as appearing to demonstrate a lack of vocabulary or intelligence, it makes me feel better.
    I used to tell my wife to think of it as "punctuation". Besides that, if I didn't cuss, the kids didn't know when I really was mad.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Lighten up Francis....Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

If you don't like your job do something else, good for you, really good for your co-workers. Don't tell yourself you HAVE to do something you hate. Get out there and find something that fulfills you.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

I seem to have moved on from this level of frustration, but I've been there and fully understand it. If it makes you feel better, please go ahead. I think most people that have been in this line of work for a while have a thick enough skin to take it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Lighten up Francis....Emujo
    I'd say he's having a powder-keg week/month and the people around are throwing sparks.

@TheBlueOrleans
    Take a random weekend stay-cation (home-vacation) grab a simple change of cloths and the missus and head to the nearest motel in town. A change of scenery can do wonders for the powder-keg blues. Forget that too tied excuse, get out there --JUST DO IT.

Me myself, I head off in the boat fishing with the family when I can.
    A bit of vitamin A&D from sunlight helps enormously at times.
    No phones,TV's, radios, just the sound of waves lapping the side of the boat.... peaceful time
    to wind down...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Might not hurt to warn people that a post like this might not be safe for work. I only check CTN while at home, so I don't care one way or the other though.
    Still, I was probably in the Reserves for quite a while. Swears were part of the daily communication there, normally to give a sense of urgency to a mission or task, but also for pretty much everything else to a lesser extent. The neat thing about being a part timer at the same time as working full time on copiers was that while using very bad words was a normal thing while on duty, I found that that kind of language was rather unproductive when I was working on a machine at a church or a local government office. That's why I don't swear here.
    So swears don't bother me even a little bit. If the situation allows, try to use them productively though.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 07-02-2016 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Stupid history.