Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

NeoMatrix:
    My preferred relaxation unfortunately requires solitude and a nearby river. I grew up in the waterlogged Southern U.S. (see username for a big clue on where) so when I'm close to a navigable body of water I feel more at home. I thank you for the suggestion of just taking some "cool down" time. Staycations are much less expensive.

Emujo:
    that made me chuckle and realize how I came across.

Blackcat:
    I stand inspired knowing that it is possible to continue in this profession for a number of years and outgrow the severe frustration. Thank you for reminding me that we are all human, especially the people who ask how long it will take me to replace the exit drive clutch in the fuser drive assembly when they don't know I had never done it before.

Iowatech:
    I should have more clearly labeled my post as unsafe for mixed company, I apologize for failing to think that clearly and mark it appropriately.

To all else:
    I hereby apologize for my unprofessional outburst. Some internal emotions should be kept internal, rationalized internally, debated internally and only the clear and calm result should then be released upon the general public.
    I maintain the right to my own thoughts and feelings, and I will try in future to maintain an air of professionalism to the extent I am able. If I feel the need to vent I will label my post accordingly and I will read what I type three times before clicking "submit reply", something I should have learned to do by now.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Apparently IMAX will build you a personal theater if you give them enough Kbucks (or Kpounds if you're in the UK):
    IMAX will build you a home theater
    Not something I'll be getting anytime in the foreseeable future, but could you imagine playing video games on one of those?
    And for no apparent reason, here's the "STATE OF THE INTERNET!!!!!!". According to these guys anyway:
    https://www.akamai.com/us/en/our-thi...port/index.jsp
    Oh, and finally, the short answer is that works of fiction are the way they are entirely because of their authors.
    The long answer from someone who clearly needs another hobby:
    Why did the Stars Wars and Star Trek worlds turn out so differently? - Marginal REVOLUTION

As always, open the links at your own peril.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Dimensional Shi(f)t

What if toilets are windows to another dimension and flushing opens the portal?
    We've been flinging crap on another world for millennia!

hashtag: thewaymybrainworks
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Re: Dimensional Shi(f)t

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    What if toilets are windows to another dimension and flushing opens the portal?
    We've been flinging crap on another world for millennia!

hashtag: thewaymybrainworks
    You are assuming it is crap to whoever is in that dimension. Maybe it's like gold to them. That's why they don't fling it back.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Re: Dimensional Shi(f)t

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    You are assuming it is crap to whoever is in that dimension. Maybe it's like gold to them. That's why they don't fling it back.
    Have you met my wife? That's damn near exactly what she said. (That's what she said. First! Boom!)
    She said if they use it for fuel it wouldn't be as poorly received as I think.

Ah, the things I think up when I'm sober.

My son told me he is in a band called 999 Megabytes. I told him if they didn't change their name, they would never make it to a gig.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

It's hot. Damn hot!!!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Come on Wales !!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Come on Wales !!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It's nice to see someone supporting our large sea going mammals.