Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Re: The random thought thread

I had a dream I was installing an internal finisher in a !!!!!. When I was done I tested it and the paper came out was stacked and the grippers pushed the paper past the tray onto the floor. My service manager saw this and said

"Is that supposed to happen"

"Well I have followed the instructions"

"OK no worries"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skynet; 08-10-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    I had a dream I was installing an internal finisher in a Canon. When I was done I tested it and the paper came out was stacked and the grippers pushed the paper past the tray onto the floor. My service manager saw this and said
    "Is that supposed to happen"

"Well I have followed the instructions"

"OK no worries"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    So I AM living the dream! Who knew?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Unhappy Re: The random thought thread

Saw a dead guy on the side of road on my way to work on Monday morning. Figured maybe a homeless person had died from the cold night we had on Sunday. Found out it was actually the crazy neighbourhood bum. He'd walk around talking to himself, sometimes yelling at passing cars, seemed pretty harmless though.
    People had tried to admit him to an institution, but he had no known family and apparently the hospitals/mental asylums would discharge him because of that. On Monday morning someone stabbed him while in the bathroom that he slept in.

Even if he caused trouble - he was clearly 'not all up there' and surely did not deserve to be murdered.

I never spoke to you and do not know your name, but I give you a moment of silence today and this small eulogy on CTN. Goodnight sweet prince.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nekowaiidesu View Post
    Saw a dead guy on the side of road on my way to work on Monday morning. Figured maybe a homeless person had died from the cold night we had on Sunday. Found out it was actually the crazy neighbourhood bum. He'd walk around talking to himself, sometimes yelling at passing cars, seemed pretty harmless though.
    People had tried to admit him to an institution, but he had no known family and apparently the hospitals/mental asylums would discharge him because of that. On Monday morning someone stabbed him while in the bathroom that he slept in.

Even if he caused trouble - he was clearly 'not all up there' and surely did not deserve to be murdered.

I never spoke to you and do not know your name, but I give you a moment of silence today and this small eulogy on CTN. Goodnight sweet prince.
    .... Reading anything like the above always leaves a void in my stomach.
    I've always taught my children, and some of their friends:
    "When you give the world is full of abundance and happiness."
    "When you take the world if full of poverty, hardship."

In a world where horses and similar animals are given a warm blanket, shelter from the cold, an a daily food ration. In a world where there are so many empty financially repossessed houses.
    In a world where industrial kitchen scrap bins are full of every day waste food.
    People(less worth than animals) live out in the cold streets while starving of hunger.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 08-11-2016 at 01:37 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

" service to others is the rent we pay for a room on this earth."....Muhammad Ali
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    there are thousands of homeless veterans living on the street everyday in America.... but if you come here illegally, the government will provide you with housing - food - money - education and medical care.
    The military was promised care after the left the military... now it is hard for them to: find a job - get medical care - have/keep their homes and have enough to eat sometimes. Ironic
    Strange how USA puts so much emphasis on patriotism and defending your country and 'freedom'. They most likely tell kids that they'll be heroes to get them recruited.. And when they get back with PTSD, disabilities, violent tendencies, etc, struggling to live a normal civilian life, the State just turns it back on them.

Even here in ZAR, there are many men (they'd be around 50+ years old) that came back from Angola and were never debriefed or offered counselling, no crisis interventions or psychological assessments etc. So many of them turned to the bottle or drugs to try cope. Even worse end up in prison or dead. Very sad.

"Paid vacation to a foreign land, Uncle Sam does the best he can!"

One guy who came back from Angola had his toe bitten of by a cannibal while sleeping.
    Whatever

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nekowaiidesu View Post
    Strange how USA puts so much emphasis on patriotism and defending your country and 'freedom'. They most likely tell kids that they'll be heroes to get them recruited.. And when they get back with PTSD, disabilities, violent tendencies, etc, struggling to live a normal civilian life, the State just turns it back on them.

Even here in ZAR, there are many men (they'd be around 50+ years old) that came back from Angola and were never debriefed or offered counselling, no crisis interventions or psychological assessments etc. So many of them turned to the bottle or drugs to try cope. Even worse end up in prison or dead. Very sad.

"Paid vacation to a foreign land, Uncle Sam does the best he can!"
    Some vets fall through the cracks, but to say the US turns it's back on them is silly. I don't like how you put freedom in quotes, If you talk to any american you would know that freedom is a core value here.

In my opinion the US is the best place to live in the world, and there is nothing wrong with being proud of that. The best part is everyone is welcome to immigrate here and live the life they want.

There is your injection of positivism for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I didn't want to mention the " freedom " thing.. but as an American I did take offense to that.. and YES America -= IS =- the best place on the planet to live. We have our problems ( esp with the left leaning idjets trying to put us into a 3rd world type state.)
    IF America is soooo bad to live in, WHY are there sooo many people trying to break the laws and jump the borders to get here? If you try that in Mexico.. you get put in jail, IRAN? oh they would rather kill you than look twice.
    It hasn't been until recent times that the vets have been poohed upon. I know I have sat with them in the two local VA hospitals here in NC. IT breaks my heart to hear how the NAM vets were treated by the " liberal young" when they came back from war... or to hear the stories from our men and women that came back from the 'sandbox' where they had to "wait until fired upon " to be able to defend themselves.
    My Dad and two uncles were vets from WWII.. they were in different parts of the world and got treated very well by the people in the countries they were involved in.... Give me back the good old days where MOST Americans were prouod to be just that ... AMERICANS!
    HEY!! I AM the young liberal you're talking about! ... I forgive you though, I get where you're coming from.
    With the elections going on, everyone is very focused on what separates us Americans, it's not said enough that we actually agree on a lot of the most important issues too. Hopefully when the smoke clears in a few months we can focus on what pulls us together again.

Agreed. There should be less bashing, and more informed conversation and arguments. I like to confronted by people who disagree and argue with the beliefs I hold. If that never happened I wouldn't grow as much. Also, when debating each other, We should all steelman our opponents point of view, if we don't than we are doing ourselves a disservice.