ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

Remember when you were young and would just leap over small fences with no effort?

http://i.imgur.com/cA3Gu9z.mp4
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Unhappy Re: The random thought thread

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Remember when you were young and would just leap over small fences with no effort?

Thanks for depressing me....

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

How to turn an enemy into a friend.
    Also, actual science on why shoelaces become untied. I always tuck the loose ends in between the tongue and the upper, so most of the time I don't have that problem. It looks less sloppy that way too.
    As always, open the links at your own peril.
    Speaking of shoes, you ever notice that some of the cheaper ones have ridiculously long shoe laces? Wal Mart used to have some cheap but decent looking shoes that were pretty comfortable and had a facsimile of the Vibram boot sole that worked well enough in the mild winters here. But the shoe laces were long enough that I could have used them on my steel toed boots that I had to keep in the car because OSHA.
    Heh, the time I went to Fort Leonard Wood, the support shop we were working in made us wear corrugated metal covers on our boots. We affectionately nicknamed them moose lips.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 04-15-2017 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Footwear tech

Seems like a good tip.
    As always, open he link at your own peril.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    The random thought thread

I never did, so getting old is just adding wrinkles to an otherwise unathletic body...
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then I ask what is the mindset of an empty desk?

The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

The band "Kansas" is on tour in at least the U.S. this year, so if you like that type of music keep an eye out for that. If they're advertising out here in the periphery I'd guess they have tour dates near the core.

I used to like them until they came out with the song "Dust in the Wind". Eugh. About enough of that.

At least in the ad I heard they are on tour with the band "Winger". I still like them.

It's a good thing they are on tour this time of year. Back in the '80s, the band "Blue Oyster Cult" was on tour during the dead of winter. For some reason their tour bus didn't have #1 diesel or a winter additive like "Power Serve", so the fuel gelled up near the truck stop I was working at while I was in college. The bus had to get towed to the stop's garage to get warmed up.
    They were some of the nicest guys that ever stopped there. Apparently they even gave out some tour jackets then, but I didn't get one because I was out sticking the tanks at that time. D'oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    The band "Kansas" is on tour in at least the U.S. this year, so if you like that type of music keep an eye out for that. If they're advertising out here in the periphery I'd guess they have tour dates near the core.

I used to like them until they came out with the song "Dust in the Wind". Eugh. About enough of that.

At least in the ad I heard they are on tour with the band "Winger". I still like them.

It's a good thing they are on tour this time of year. Back in the '80s, the band "Blue Oyster Cult" was on tour during the dead of winter. For some reason their tour bus didn't have #1 diesel or a winter additive like "Power Serve", so the fuel gelled up near the truck stop I was working at while I was in college. The bus had to get towed to the stop's garage to get warmed up.
    They were some of the nicest guys that ever stopped there. Apparently they even gave out some tour jackets then, but I didn't get one because I was out sticking the tanks at that time. D'oh.

Cool story. I love BOC. Seen them 4 or 5 times. By the way, I think I have mentioned before that cats are assholes.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Cool story. I love BOC. Seen them 4 or 5 times. By the way, I think I have mentioned before that cats are assholes.

random snip
    I just gota ask....

What's under the pile of flour...?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••