Page 233 of 234 FirstFirst ... 133183223224225226227228229230231232233234 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2339
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: The random thought thread

The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    The worst is that air popped stuff. Those little counter top noise making machines.
    Tip is to do it on a stove top, stir the kernels constantly until they start to pop to get them all heated evenly.
    Don't put a tight lid on the moisture needs to escape also put a couple of folded paper towels over the edge
    of the pot under the lid to get even more of the moisture to ensure the maximum crunch.

Grew popcorn one summer, the kernels were very small and pale compared to commercial popcorn, but it was the best popcorn I ever had. You could really taste the corn.

A few weeks ago, my wife walked out the door saying she was going to pick up a kitten. I yelled at her that she was forbidden to bring another one home, so she came back with two. I hate them both! It's all I can do to bring myself to rub her furry little head while she lays on my shoulder.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The random thought thread

Can't believe Leonardo DeCaprio yelled "I'm on Top of the World" from the Titanic. A ship, That was at Sea! At sea Level! The scientifically lowest altitude in the world. He was Nowhere near the Top! He was literally at the bottom. What an Idiot!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Can't believe Leonardo DeCaprio yelled "I'm on Top of the World" from the Titanic. A ship, That was at Sea! At sea Level! The scientifically lowest altitude in the world. He was Nowhere near the Top! He was literally at the bottom. What an Idiot!
    And Mr. GLOBAL WARMING is still below sea level in his career!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

When did it become OK to go out and about in your pajamas ? I was in the food store today and about 10 percent of folks were shopping in their friggin PJs. I would Imagine if I shopped at walmart that percentage is around 20 %.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There's only 364 shoplifting days left to Christmas.........
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

I visit mom every week and do whatever needs to be done. She had a knee replaced last year and is getting a hip in a few weeks, so every third or fourth week I meet her at the commissary, the military grocery store, and help her. Yesterday as we had just started, we notice this very old man looking at a small paper and then looking around confused. Mom ask him what he needed, he said baking power, and she told him where it was. He came back a minute later empty handed. I went down the aisle and got it for him. As I handed it to him, I noticed his cap said WW2 veteran, with a 101st Airborne pin on it. I had to strike up a conversation with him. I found out he was part of the invasion of Holland, and went over as a glider passenger. He talked of how frightening it was and how his glider got lucky as the pilot was able to land in a field. Some of his friends didn't fare as well. I followed him around helping him and mom. His wife has fallen and broke her hip, leaving him to do shopping. All in all, best shopping ever. How often do you get to meet a part of history?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I visit mom every week and do whatever needs to be done. She had a knee replaced last year and is getting a hip in a few weeks, so every third or fourth week I meet her at the commissary, the military grocery store, and help her. Yesterday as we had just started, we notice this very old man looking at a small paper and then looking around confused. Mom ask him what he needed, he said baking power, and she told him where it was. He came back a minute later empty handed. I went down the aisle and got it for him. As I handed it to him, I noticed his cap said WW2 veteran, with a 101st Airborne pin on it. I had to strike up a conversation with him. I found out he was part of the invasion of Holland, and went over as a glider passenger. He talked of how frightening it was and how his glider got lucky as the pilot was able to land in a field. Some of his friends didn't fare as well. I followed him around helping him and mom. His wife has fallen and broke her hip, leaving him to do shopping. All in all, best shopping ever. How often do you get to meet a part of history?
    That's great story! Blessed are those helping their families.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

it's better to burnout than to fade away