Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Is it OK to laugh at my service manager getting owned by one of my machines?...Yes

Re: Is it OK to laugh at my service manager getting owned by one of my machines?...Ye

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Congratulate him on his success with the blank look.
    You gotta love the classic "blank look". I use that myself on occasion.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Is it OK to laugh at my service manager getting owned by one of my machines?...Ye

Update... The manager has completely killed the machine. In desperation he started swapping all the boards, and wound up bending some pins on the nvram and now has the hour glass of death stuck on the screen. Kind of makes it worth showing up in the morning just to see it sitting there.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Is it OK to laugh at my service manager getting owned by one of my machines?...Yes

Now this is the point where you turn the tables on him and play bean counter.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

This is when you tell him " Man, It's got to be a board problem..."

He is now reaping the bad karma he has put out. The Lanier that I mentioned in the first post is back. The day after the fourth of July, with hal the techs gone, I had another call there. It would jam in the finisher about every 250 to 300 sheets, bunching up in the stacker, with one corner of the led edge folded. Kind of a hard one to see. I ran up the customers job and told her I would check with other techs who may be more familiar with the problem on Monday, and we would be back.

Manager at shop didn't understand why I couldn't fix it on first visit, or why tech support couldn't tell me how to fix it. So she gave the ticket to another tech on Monday. This made me happy. Other tech said she went and ran 600 copies with no problem. Then they called back yesterday, and the service manager went and said he ran a bunch of copies and had no problem.

Then they called back at the end of the day and demanded the finisher be replaced. When I went in this morning the manager was quizzing the tech who went after me. Then she ask me what could be wrong. That is when I brought out the blank stare, and shrugged my shoulders. "I dunno"

Service manager comes in and gets handed the problem, told to swap finishers. Tech #2 goes to warehouse and test one. Service manager takes it, and it is broke when he gets there.Once he got it running and left, they called back. He leaves and gets another call back, and then a third.

Acccording to my daughter, who now works the front desk, the asshole was still trying to say it ws my fault,to which she replied, "Are you insane?"

"YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW"
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The hard part is not visibly enjoying his karma's vengeance. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The hard part is not visibly enjoying his karma's vengeance. =^..^=
    Actually when myself and the other tech in question leave the shop, we will call each other and laugh about it. He does the same thing to her. She is an awesome tech, trained on every color box konica has, but if he goes to assist her on a call, you would think she was an idiot, to hear him talk.