Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: What an amazing day

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    I saw Roger Waters at Glastonbury 2002 does that count? He did some of his solo stuff for a while until he played what everyone had turned up to see him play. Also saw Faithless and Kosheen amongst others. On the Sunday we walked past Rod Stewart playing Sailing, I have never seen so many dope smoking grannies sitting in a field before.
    As I haven't even any of the members of Pink Floyd doing solo work either, you can claim half a mark on that one, although I would prefer to see Dave Gilmour. One day I may treat myself to a trip to Glastonbury, the problem is, the tickets go on sale, and sell out, long before they announce the line-up, and it would be just my luck to have some rap or hip hop artist topping the bill.
    Rod Stewart is also on my list of people to see, I did consider getting a ticket to one of his O2 gigs this year, but funds prevented that.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

HI
    but the ones you mentioned not quiet the heavy weights of the live shows
    i been to 2-barney shows was amazing

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by igi View Post
    HI
    but the ones you mentioned not quiet the heavy weights of the live shows
    i been to 2-barney shows was amazing

My mom was going to take me to see Elvis for my birthday, but then he died on us.

Lynyrd Skynyrd was set to play my town, but the plane crashed.

Got some guitar picks from Cheap Tricks guitar player.

In my town in the 70's the local arena had no seats on the floor, and held about 7000. Seating was general admission so I was always at the front next to the stage. If you got there early, sometimes you would get to meet some of the band members. I got to meet some of AC/DC when they were an opening act for a local band that had a record out. Cheap Trick was the other opener, only had a crowd of about 3 to 4 thousand. I may have seen 50 to 60 shows.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I saw AC/DC a few years ago, another great live band, got to see Status Quo (again) yesterday, still very good, although they do appear to have lost something with age, I first saw them 29 years ago, and they no longer have the energy on stage that others bands possess.
    Yesterday was another amazing day for me, I saw my son graduate with a degree in physics in the morning, and then saw Status Quo in the evening, amazing, but knackering
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    What an amazing day

In 1967 or 1968 I saw Pink Floyd open for Blue Cheer in Seattle - don't remember too much about that night.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    What an amazing day

Saw Sabbath in Melbourne in May, was awesome. Saw Acca Dacca a few years back in Adelaide. Pink Floyd in Sydney maybe the year before ACDC. Seen a ton of good live shows, Tool are amazing, Primus, Slayer all great acts. Saw Fear Factory a couple of weeks ago.Watched Zakk Wyld stroke his ego with 36 Marshall quads behind him, now that was a killer sound. And the best night I had was moshing with Pink at Cradle Of Filth, she's a legend that chick.

Sadly no Rolling Stones for me yet.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Lynyrd Skynyrd was set to play my town, but the plane crashed.
    They were set to play my town two summers ago - bought tickets, got pumped - but several members of the band got pneumonia the day of the show.

Saw Sabbath at Lollapalooza last year, that was a rush.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Managed to see half of a Quo concert a few yrs back....my then wife complained that they were too loud & wanted to go home!!!.....remember seeing Saxon on 2 consecutive nights in the early 80s...both nights was standing with my head virtually in a speaker....could be why I'm deaf now....loved seeing Suzi Quatro around the same time..still think she's gorgeous ......saw a medley of 60s artists a few years back, Gerry Marsden, Mike Berry & Mike d'Abo....was a really good night, unfortunately where I live...it's too expensive for artists to come over...and the places for them to play aren't big enough....we just have to settle for the tribute bands...one of the best being Talon, an Eagles tribute band....2 of the singers you can just close your eyes and listen...sounds really convincing....looking forward to the Pink floyd Experience in december
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    What an amazing day

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    In 1967 or 1968 I saw Pink Floyd open for Blue Cheer in Seattle - don't remember too much about that night.
    I would have loved to see that concert, but being only 3 they wouldn't let me in without a parent.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I would have loved to see that concert, but being only 3 they wouldn't let me in without a parent.
    That's just so sad that your parents would not take you ....

My daughter is still P.O.'d that when her mom got to see The Beach Boys , she didn't get to go.
    Then I remind her that I didn't get to either.
    A few years ago for Father's Day , my daughter got tickets for the two of us ( her dear mom not invited ) to see Eric Clapton.
    It was a Great Daddy/Daughter deal .
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .