Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

What an amazing day

I managed to tick off another thing from my to-do list today, I finally saw The Rolling Stones live, and they were absolutely incredible, I'm still buzzing
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: What an amazing day

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I managed to tick off another thing from my to-do list today, I finally saw The Rolling Stones live, and they were absolutely incredible, I'm still buzzing

Nice. I was going to drive to Virginia in a few weeks to see Black Sabbath. First live show I ever saw was Steppenwolf some 40 years ago.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    What an amazing day

My wife saw them in 1965, 1966, and we saw them a few years ago - Mick has that affect on people.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    What an amazing day

I finally saw The Rolling Stones live
    Nice Debs but was it "Live or still Alive"

Great band BTW. Must be a thrilling experience to see them on stage.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Nice. I was going to drive to Virginia in a few weeks to see Black Sabbath. First live show I ever saw was Steppenwolf some 40 years ago.
    I've got a ticket to see Black Sabbath in December, I've seen Ozzy a couple of times, but this will be my first time seeing Sabbath, I am also seeing Fleetwood Mac in September (I've never seen them before either). I am seeing Status Quo on Wednesday, and Stereophonics in November (but I have seen both of those before), 2013 is a great year for me
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

I've got a ticket to see Black Sabbath in December, I've seen Ozzy a couple of times, but this will be my first time seeing Sabbath, I am also seeing Fleetwood Mac in September (I've never seen them before either). I am seeing Status Quo on Wednesday, and Stereophonics in November (but I have seen both of those before), 2013 is a great year for me
    Status Quo still around? I must have been the only American boy in the South who bought their records. I have seen Rush And Blue Oyster Cult about 6 times each. Best live shows were Allman Brothers Band, seen 6 or 7 times, Pink Floyd, twice and Genesis put on a nice light show.

After seeing supergroups at their peak, moder bands are kind of boring. No surprises, you can see it all on the net.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Status Quo still around? I must have been the only American boy in the South who bought their records. I have seen Rush And Blue Oyster Cult about 6 times each. Best live shows were Allman Brothers Band, seen 6 or 7 times, Pink Floyd, twice and Genesis put on a nice light show.

After seeing supergroups at their peak, moder bands are kind of boring. No surprises, you can see it all on the net.
    Pink Floyd is one band I really would have loved to have seen, but, alas, I fear it is never to be. Status Quo are still around and going strong, this will be my 6th time of seeing them. The best I have ever seen live has to be Queen, I was at Freddie Mercury's final concert (Knebworth 1986), I doubt if anyone will ever be able to capture an audience the way he could

Pink Floyd is one band I really would have loved to have seen, but, alas, I fear it is never to be. Status Quo are still around and going strong, this will be my 6th time of seeing them. The best I have ever seen live has to be Queen, I was at Freddie Mercury's final concert (Knebworth 1986), I doubt if anyone will ever be able to capture an audience the way he could

Queen is one I am really sorry I missed.

ZZ Top is really great live

Queen is one I am really sorry I missed.

ZZ Top is really great live
    I've not seen ZZ Top, but I would imagine they are great live.
    I saw The Australian Pink Floyd earlier this year, they did Dark Side Of The Moon in it's entirity, they were fantastic, but not quite the real thing (incidentally, I saw The Real Thing last weekend LOL, not really my thing, but they were pretty good anyway)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    What an amazing day

Pink Floyd is one band I really would have loved to have seen, but, alas, I fear it is never to be.
    I saw Roger Waters at Glastonbury 2002 does that count? He did some of his solo stuff for a while until he played what everyone had turned up to see him play. Also saw Faithless and Kosheen amongst others. On the Sunday we walked past Rod Stewart playing Sailing, I have never seen so many dope smoking grannies sitting in a field before.