Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Maybe it's the toner?

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post
    Job description: "Machine jammed NOTHING PRINTS OMG FECKING TECH DIDNT DO HIS JOB LAST TIME"
    This annoys me to no end. I get that they don't understand the theory of photocopiers, but why do they have to blame the guy who knows how to treat it, rather than the rough, oblivious office/industry workers?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    "You're here again? Do you want a job here and have your own desk?"
    I get this one a fair bit. Even more common for me is "Can we pay you to stand here so it doesn't break down?"

Generally this is because every time I go to a machine, it's not faulting. Not sure what it's like with you guys.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Maybe it's the toner?

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    I get this one a fair bit. Even more common for me is "Can we pay you to stand here so it doesn't break down?"

Generally this is because every time I go to a machine, it's not faulting. Not sure what it's like with you guys.
    I've been joking with customers it's the new "Technician Awareness" feature. It knows when we're nearby, or on the phone, or emailing them and subsequently all the problems disappear.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Maybe it's the toner?

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post
    Job description: "Machine jammed NOTHING PRINTS OMG FECKING TECH DIDNT DO HIS JOB LAST TIME"
    I got this one a month ago. I got a fowarded email sent to the office manager of the account by a stupid b&tch that just uses the machine (not my key operator). " The machine is broken again and he did not do anything the last time he was here." The last time I was there I spent an hour and a half troubleshooting an intermittent problem, and I resolved it. The new problem was totally unrelated. I did have a short meeting with the office manager manager about that one. That lying bullshit friggin pisses me off, and I do take it personally.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Maybe it's the toner?

Certainly DO hate the lies,

Well sir/madam this management list is telling me a whole different story.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts George J's Avatar

'You guys been here at least 7 times trying to fix this machine!'

Then I check the history, only to notice that we've only been there 2 times for minor things.

Maybe it's the toner?

Quote Originally Posted by George J View Post
    'You guys been here at least 7 times trying to fix this machine!'

Then I check the history, only to notice that we've only been there 2 times for minor things.
    Not so much the lies, but the gross exaggerations. Then there's the trickle down effect... By the time it reaches us lowly techs, it's blown way out of a proportion we had no idea it got to in the first place.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

'But you were here just last month, WHAT exactly did you do?'.
    'What did you repair on the machine the last time you were here?'
    'What is the difference between service and repair?'
    'But you said it was something small, how can you charge us that much for something small?'

Personally I really think the customers are always worried of the cost involved in the maintenance and repair of their copier. They would prefer 'to give it a trial' before calling a tech for any 'small problem' with the machine. Because of the wealth of experience accumulated by the tech over the years, they can sometimes, very easily troubleshoot or pinpoint a copier's problem within few minutes, rectify the fault, and....leave a hefty invoice or bill behind for the customer to foot.
    The customer's cry, 'don't you think this machine is now old and we need another one?', stems from the customer's fear of the increasing cost of maintenance and repair over time as the machine ages.,...a normal trend. So to them they would be better off if they 'nib ed it in the bud' to cut down costs.
    Also, recurrent or persistent\intermittent problem on a machine which is ill defined by the tech and therefore not properly repaired can also give a bad image to, not only the tech but also his\her company. The customer might think that the tech is not up to the task in question. I rest my case.

Maybe it's the toner?

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    The customer's cry, 'don't you think this machine is now old and we need another one?', stems from the customer's fear of the increasing cost of maintenance and repair over time as the machine ages.,...a normal trend. So to them they would be better off if they 'nib ed it in the bud' to cut down costs.
    Your customers actually want to upgrade their machines Dag? Consider yourself the luckiest tech ever! It's a struggle in most cases here to get them to upgrade. They see it as being frugal to hold on to their increasingly archaic machines to the point where they can't run anymore and parts can't be procured without great expense. They ignore the fact that if they got a new lease, they could actually save several hundred dollars a month in operating costs because it's been burned into their brains that longevity = value.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Maybe it's the toner?

Folks lately have been hanging on tight for sure, cringe every time they buy a lease out.

Then, they get the slightest hiccup on that past wore out thing and they are on the phone.

The obsolescence list has became our tool to motivate....sorry PM kits, toner, parts NLA