Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

St. Jude Children's Research Hopsital - Please help!

I have pledged to raise $2,500 for St. Jude through their "St. Jude Heroes" program. I will also be running the St. Jude Marathon December 7, in Memphis, TN. Please visit the link below and consider making a donation. ANY donation amount is greatly appreciated! Every dollar that is donated goes straight to St. Jude as well as being tax-deductible!

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a pediatric treatment and research facility focused on children's catastrophic diseases. At St. Jude, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay. It costs more than $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude, and thanks to public donations and fundraising, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything. The dedication of St. Jude Heroes helps ensure that St. Jude continues its lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children

St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend: Dusty Wise - Charity Athlete | St. Jude Heroes

Thanks!!
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: St. Jude Children's Research Hopsital - Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by DWise View Post
    I have pledged to raise $2,500 for St. Jude through their "St. Jude Heroes" program. I will also be running the St. Jude Marathon December 7, in Memphis, TN. Please visit the link below and consider making a donation. ANY donation amount is greatly appreciated! Every dollar that is donated goes straight to St. Jude as well as being tax-deductible!

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a pediatric treatment and research facility focused on children's catastrophic diseases. At St. Jude, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay. It costs more than $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude, and thanks to public donations and fundraising, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything. The dedication of St. Jude Heroes helps ensure that St. Jude continues its lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children

St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend: Dusty Wise - Charity Athlete | St. Jude Heroes

Thanks!!
    Your avatar is fitting - try not to be the first to cross the line.

All bad jokes aside, this should be stickied again for all to see. Let's see if we can summon 10871087 to sticky this!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Your avatar is fitting - try not to be the first to cross the line.

All bad jokes aside, this should be stickied again for all to see. Let's see if we can summon 10871087 to sticky this!
    Don't worry about me being the first to finish. I did good last year to finish... period. I'm hoping this year goes much better!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Don't worry about me being the first to finish. I did good last year to finish... period. I'm hoping this year goes much better!

You picked a great cause. Everyone should be able to get behind that one.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

At St. Jude, it costs $447 for one day of oxygen per patient. Oxygen is key to keeping the immune system strong. A gift of oxygen can help a young body thrive and help fight cancer at the cellular level.

Exclamation Re: St. Jude Children's Research Hopsital - Please help!

I am in desperate need for your support!!

Several injuries have pushed me off-track from my original marathon training. Thankfully, I am once again healthy and I am back on track to run the St. Jude Marathon in December. I am totally re-committed to running this race!

Now I'm stuck in another dilemma... I am well short of my $2,500 goal ($710). Monday (9/30/13) marks the "Re-commitment date" for me to assure St. Jude that I will raise all $2,500 of my pledge. If I recommit and end up falling short, I am responsible for the difference. I am in desperate need for people to come along side me and commit to donating to St. Jude through my page. If I can not gain enough support, I will have to back out of the race completely.

Please help me help St. Jude and keep on running for the children. Please commit to donating to my pledge. Please share with friends/family that might donate as well.

Thank you for your continued support!!

Exclamation Re: St. Jude Children's Research Hopsital - Please help!

Alright friends… I’m officially in crunch-time! I have 6 days before my St. Jude fundraising is over with and the money is due, problem is I am still $675 from my goal of $2,500!! Please consider donating $5, $10, $25, $50, $500 to this wonderful organization!! Every dollar is tax-deductible and goes directly to St. Jude.

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/T...20&pg=personal

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Alright friends… I’m officially in crunch-time! I have 6 days before my St. Jude fundraising is over with and the money is due, problem is I am still $675 from my goal of $2,500!! Please consider donating $5, $10, $25, $50, $500 to this wonderful organization!! Every dollar is tax-deductible and goes directly to St. Jude.

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/T...20&pg=personal
    I could only do $50.00 at this time.

Thumbs up Re: St. Jude Children's Research Hopsital - Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I could only do $50.00 at this time.
    $50 is more than I had, and it's $50 closer to the goal!! Thank you so much!!!

Thumbs up Re: St. Jude Children's Research Hopsital - Please help!

Thanks to everyone who took time and donated to St. Jude through my Heroes page!! I committed to raise $2,500 and ended up raising $2,995!!! Sadly, the weather did not cooperate last weekend as ice and freezing temperatures hunkered down on Memphis, thus cancelling the marathon. The total number raised by the St. Jude Heroes was around $8.2 Million!!!

Thanks again!