Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pizza toppings

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Re: Pizza toppings

Quote Originally Posted by CanonSco View Post
    Breakfast pizza with eggs very common in Italy. Soaks up the beer nice

For me , I like a pizza with a little of everything - spicy tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, chicken tikka pieces , donner meat pieces , jalapenos , green peppers, red onions , some pepperoni, some salami , and a little cheddar cheese on top.
    Mine is similar ....... I like a pizza with a little of everything too --- tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, jalapenos , green peppers, red peppers, red onions , some pepperoni, some pepperoni, some pepperoni, some sausage, some canadian bacon ( OK; Ham to some of you ),and then some mozzarella cheese on top.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Shrimp and green olive pizza from Valentino's in Lincoln, Nebraska. Only from the original Valentino's on Holdrege st. Not the new one on 77th st. or any of the others.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbrownlee View Post
    Harleyrider- my wife and I ate Chicago style deep dish till it was coming out our ears when I took her there during various copier schools. In fact our anniversary is this weekend and we were trying to figure out where to go. She thought maybe we could run to Chicago for a pizza fix!

We liked both Giordanos (sp?) and Ginos. Now I'm getting hungry, too.
    Yes I did the same thing. (I think I got mine from Lou Malnati's) It's what you call a pizza pie. One piece will set you up right. Coming from the south I never had pizza like that. Very hard to get good pizza where I live period..

Also, another place I had good pizza in was in Germany...

This is really a question for the people down under: The wife and I were watching the morning news the other day when they put up their daily trivia note. It said that the #1 pizza topping in Australia was EGGS!?! Not what I wanted to hear at 5:30 A.M. with my morning coffee! Just curious as to how these eggs are prepared before putting on the pizza: Raw? Fried? What other ingredients such as sauce, cheese, etc. do you use?

My personal preference: Marinara or tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, green bell peppers, and maybe a little pineapple once in a while.

How about everyone else?
    Now eggs and pizza? My two favorite foods together. My personal pref. is usually everything. Sausage, peppers, onions, pepperoni, ham, olives, mushrooms. etc. But i'll usually eat any pizza..

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Pizza toppings

Akitu- What we call Canadian bacon ( back bacon? according to Bob and Doug Mackenzie) is a slightly different texture than what we call regular ham, but both are delicious. When I still lived in Texas you everyone had Canadian bacon for a topping. Now I live in Michigan and it is ham. I have seen the breakfast pizzas, but have never tried one.
    Having tried both "Canadian bacon" and ham, I can assuredly say there is no difference in texture. As a former McSlave, I got to see firsthand packages of "Canadian bacon" coming in from the US supplier for the McDonalds company. The texture was undoubtedly similar to any generic smoked ham one may find at the local grocer. If one could count anything as different about it, it would be that the "Canadian bacon" was actually closer to a real ham in terms of how tough it was, whereas a cooked deli ham basically falls apart. The real difference comes not from what is considered "Canadian bacon", but what one considers "ham".

So many different varieties of ham all have undoubtedly different textures, from black forest to honey glazed, due in part to the curing process and the flavouring process, as well as the source of the meat eg. a deli or grocer, or straight up from the farm itself.

Call me a ham connoisseur.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

According to TripAdvisor, Chicago doesn't even make the Top 10 pizza cities in the country. That "Best Pizza in the country" goes to.... San Diego

Best pizza in America? Top that! ? Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Pizza toppings

The newer locaal kum and go's serve a breakfast pizza in the morning. You can get sausage or bacon or both with scambled egg and onion and cheese. My local fav here in Bugaha is Big Freds or Bene` with artichoke hearts on it.. Now I'm hungry too.........................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Pizza toppings

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Anchovies, Black Olives, Italian Sausage, and Jalapenos. Even had a cook come out once just to see "who would eat such a horrible combo". My wife and kids move to a different table if I get "fish". Emujo BTW good subject for "rants raves..."
    How did you know? You can order the pizzas from now on.

Who doesn't like little fishies? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Breakfast pizzas are good, I get a slice or two at the Casey's stations around here from time to time. Not only are they tasty like a bacon or sausage omelet, they also have good enough structural integrity that you can eat the slices while driving, as long as traffic isn't too bad and there's a napkin within reach.
    When I was growing up, there was a place run by two Greek gentlemen nearby that served pizza with ham, pineapple and sauerkraut (the sour type, not that yucky sweet tasting stuff). As I love sour sauerkraut (try using it on ribs rather than barbeque sauce), I liked that a lot. But as I'm older now I don't know if my internal constitution could handle it anymore.
    Rats, now I'm hungry too, even though I had a Godfather's classic combo personal pizza on my way home today.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Pizza toppings

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    ... that served pizza with ham, pineapple and sauerkraut (the sour type, not that yucky sweet tasting stuff). As I love sour sauerkraut (try using it on ribs rather than barbeque sauce), I liked that a lot. But as I'm older now I don't know if my internal constitution could handle it anymore. ...
    A dear fiend of mine used to call this nuclear blast pizza. I used to stay clear for at least 6 hours afterwards. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Pizza toppings

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Having tried both "Canadian bacon" and ham, I can assuredly say there is no difference in texture. As a former McSlave, I got to see firsthand packages of "Canadian bacon" coming in from the US supplier for the McDonalds company. The texture was undoubtedly similar to any generic smoked ham one may find at the local grocer. If one could count anything as different about it, it would be that the "Canadian bacon" was actually closer to a real ham in terms of how tough it was, whereas a cooked deli ham basically falls apart. The real difference comes not from what is considered "Canadian bacon", but what one considers "ham".

So many different varieties of ham all have undoubtedly different textures, from black forest to honey glazed, due in part to the curing process and the flavouring process, as well as the source of the meat eg. a deli or grocer, or straight up from the farm itself.

Call me a ham connoisseur.
    It sounds like you have never had back bacon.(peameal bacon). Yes, ham and back bacon both come from pigs, in that sense they are similar. The texture is definitely different. I think you need to buy better back bacon. lol. Ham is generally smoke, and back bacon is brined, so the taste is different as well.