Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pizza toppings

Service Manager 100+ Posts dbrownlee's Avatar

Pizza toppings

This is really a question for the people down under: The wife and I were watching the morning news the other day when they put up their daily trivia note. It said that the #1 pizza topping in Australia was EGGS!?! Not what I wanted to hear at 5:30 A.M. with my morning coffee! Just curious as to how these eggs are prepared before putting on the pizza: Raw? Fried? What other ingredients such as sauce, cheese, etc. do you use?

My personal preference: Marinara or tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, onions, green bell peppers, and maybe a little pineapple once in a while.

How about everyone else?
    GO TIGERS!!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Pizza toppings

Anchovies, Black Olives, Italian Sausage, and Jalapenos. Even had a cook come out once just to see "who would eat such a horrible combo". My wife and kids move to a different table if I get "fish". Emujo BTW good subject for "rants raves..."
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Pizza toppings

Having seen a "breakfast pizza" on my last vacation when a coworker picked it up, I can tell you the eggs are likely scrambled, as they have the best consistency for the pizza.

My own preference? Varies depending on what I'm feeling. Typically consists of bacon and ham, bacon and shrimp, ham and mushroom, bacon and mushroom. For all you yanks out there, ham is what you refer to as "Canadian bacon". Why do you guys like complicating things?
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Tomatos, socalled pizzacheese, 3 different italian salamis (hot!) & some pieces of gorgonzola-cheese. You need alot to drink while eating this one.
    Greetings...

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Pizza toppings

I've had the pizza with eggs that were like 'sunny side up' and then baked with any toppings that you would use in an omelet.
    The yokes were soft and would break open running over the other toppings, very tasteful and creamy.

Emujo, those are my favorite toppings also - anchovies are a must!
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

What we really need to know first is, what direction does the pizza spin when the cook tosses the pizza down under? Clockwise, or "anti-clockwise?" (or "counter-clockwise" for us Yanks.)

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar

Breakfast pizza with eggs very common in Italy. Soaks up the beer nice

For me , I like a pizza with a little of everything - spicy tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, chicken tikka pieces , donner meat pieces , jalapenos , green peppers, red onions , some pepperoni, some salami , and a little cheddar cheese on top.

feck me, im hungry now.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Taco pizza here in the good old midwest or when in Chicago a "Chicago " style deep dish sausage kicks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    Having seen a "breakfast pizza" on my last vacation when a coworker picked it up, I can tell you the eggs are likely scrambled, as they have the best consistency for the pizza.

My own preference? Varies depending on what I'm feeling. Typically consists of bacon and ham, bacon and shrimp, ham and mushroom, bacon and mushroom. For all you yanks out there, ham is what you refer to as "Canadian bacon". Why do you guys like complicating things?
    Akitu- What we call Canadian bacon ( back bacon? according to Bob and Doug Mackenzie) is a slightly different texture than what we call regular ham, but both are delicious. When I still lived in Texas you everyone had Canadian bacon for a topping. Now I live in Michigan and it is ham. I have seen the breakfast pizzas, but have never tried one.
    GO TIGERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    Taco pizza here in the good old midwest or when in Chicago a "Chicago " style deep dish sausage kicks ass.
    Harleyrider- my wife and I ate Chicago style deep dish till it was coming out our ears when I took her there during various copier schools. In fact our anniversary is this weekend and we were trying to figure out where to go. She thought maybe we could run to Chicago for a pizza fix!

We liked both Giordanos (sp?) and Ginos. Now I'm getting hungry, too.
    GO TIGERS!!