Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

How did this happen?

Customers!

Customer complains machine is always jamming. "We never remove jams from the machine we just phone you"

"we never done it - you must have done it"

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    1# The customer is always right.

So with that said it is clearly your fault.

hehe
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Seen this too many times.

Makes me sick, but you can't let this sorta stuff get to ya. At Xerox, we could force bill the customer for stuff like that. That's not to say that the customer would actually get a bill but the phone calls that the customer would get, following the service call, would be enough to get their attention. Although, I never did that until I talked to the customer first. When it happened a second time... that was it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    How did this happen?

Costumer always complain but there is a 5% people that are a fair and will admit their mistake.This world isn't for fair people anymore .
    Whit other 95%, I use tactic : transfering "my problems" on to costumer.
    U can always find something reasonable to accuse a costumer that actually , "THEY DID IT" even it was my fault or copier's

p.s
    Thats not a silicon roller anymore for shure

Looks like someone used it as a room heater.....

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Charge customer?

I used to charge the customer but few weeks ago i got my ass kicked for daring to tell the customer i was charging them - customer was a big customer of my company who like to have their butt kissed no matter what. Needless to say balls to it now i let the customer off no matter what damage they do, crap thing to do but i dont care anymore and i've just started an a+, n+ and a microsoft mcse course.

Formerly the Dispatcher 50+ Posts Elle's Avatar
    when i was still the dispatcher we had a customer that liked to remove fuser jams with a knife - after a sharp (no pun really) warning and a substantial charge for the 3rd (yes they repeated thier actions) pressure roller they got the message. nothing like the high cost of color copier repairs to get the point across now they call with any hard jams

Screwdriver
    Nice one. I never see so craped drum

Ink jet paper thru the fuser

Has anyone had a customer run ink jet paper thru their new color copier - we have had it happen 3 times, no matter how much we tell our customers at installation those 3 managed to do it anyway. So we have them sign now that is they ruin the fuser they will have to pay up to one thousand bucks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    I don't care who you are, if you do that to a fuser, PVC covers anstead of transparencies, injet paper whatever you get a bill, you want to whinge call my service manager.
    Most are good about it, I also charge prorata, if the roller has done 50 of 100K you pay half the retail cost of the roller plus labour of course.
    The force will be with you always.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    How did this happen?

Few months ago, i had one guy calling me in obout 20.00 o'clock. He told me that he had a paper jam in hp 3050 and almost begged me for service becouse that wasn't his printer and he had to return it tomorrow. SInce i like to "help people" in distress, i told him to come. I had no exp whit and hp3050 or simmilar(that peace of s**t) i started to uncover it.

I finally reached fuzzing unit and i had something to see.Transparencies for inkjet! rolled over whole fixing film. I then asked him who done this since it was already 21.30 and i did get on my nerves already
    He told me his dam wife took dam printer from school! to print something at home! Her ignorance and stupidity put inkjet transparency folio since she didn't know the difference.

They where merry ed one month only and i wanted to help. Her newly husband begged me still .She called at 21.40 and started blabeling :"is he finnish?If hes not tell him to hurry!?Take a printer and take it to another service.MY puls was like 150. I took the phone and told her in her ear and responded to everything she asked before.

Later i did take out folio out but was truble one.It was like a stone! i didnt believe my eys and fingers! I finished at 22.30 and charge him 20 bucks since he was a good guy living whit a SNAKE!

I feel pitty now why didn't i charge more? but in that moment i feel sorry for a guy but that stupid BI**H afff.... now i would charge him 100 plus 200 for her questions!