Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debs1964

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Debs1964

Re: Debs1964

I'm really disapointed that I didn't get to meet our Debs on my recent trip to the UK. Just couldn't get my itinerary organised enough to slip over to Kent which was a real shame as I managed to leave Mrs Lagonda behind in Oz.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    ....but yes lunch on you....but i don't mind using a plate instead
    That just made me choke on my cup of tea LOL
    We are planning on going earlier in the summer next year as we have an annual pass to the Eden Project, but as we go camping, we are flexible on dates
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    It's great to correspond with people on here, but it's even nicer when you meet up with them, I recently had the pleasure of meeting up with & treating to lunch the lovely Debs1964, when we were both on holiday in Cornwall a couple of weeks ago.....she is a really lovely lady, and my girlfriend is now a very proud owner of Debs Elvis record collection, which she very kindly gave to her...thank you once again Debs
    Well, kingarthur, that was a great opportunity indeed. I had almost a similar opportunity not very long ago.
    To start with, one of my best & supportive friends in this forum is known by the name 'vigour'.
    Just a couple of months ago, (July 2013), I had the honor of meeting with Mrs. vigour here in my country Uganda. She had come, as a member of the delegation of 'Mission Africa', a group of Christian missionaries who travelled all the way from their country Canada to pay a visit to our local church here in Uganda. Despite their tight church program for which they came, she was very kind enough to spare some of her precious time to meet and interact with us.
    After exchanging pleasantries, we conversed, had a photo opportunity and exchanged gifts. Her husband vigour, had through her, sent some special gifts for me and my wife, for which we are very grateful. It was really a moment of great joy to meet in person, the 'better half' of one of my cherished friends in this forum.
    I am now looking forward to meeting the real 'vigour' himself, in person, in a not so distant a future; God willing. I attribute all this to the mighty hand of God!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts coolbeer's Avatar

Hi Debs,

You pass close to Torquay on your way to Cornwall, stop by and i will treat you to a cream tea, and if you are into your live rock music, this place is heaven on earth

Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeer View Post
    Hi Debs,

You pass close to Torquay on your way to Cornwall, stop by and i will treat you to a cream tea, and if you are into your live rock music, this place is heaven on earth

Have a nice day
    I may well take you up on that offer, I love cream teas (but I put the jam on first )
    If you ever get to Kent, give me a call and I'll buy you a cuppa
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeer View Post
    Hi Debs,

Have a nice day
    Just only 'cream tea' and not 'cool beer?'. Hi Debs, how can one become another proud owner of the 'Debs Elvis Record Collections?'; surely,you should start thinking of sending the soft copies of the stuff to us your fans on this forum. Remember that you are the only sister of ours we know of, who is very active on this forum. We love you.

No cool beer, I never drink and drive.
    Unfortunately, I no longer have an Elvis record collection for anyone else to share, I gave every Elvis record I have ever owned to KingArthur, and I'm very glad that they have gone to a good home. It was time to declutter my house, and as I hadn't played any vinyl for several years, it was time to let it go. I have sold most of my record collection now, only a few left

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    No cool beer, I never drink and drive.
    Unfortunately, I no longer have an Elvis record collection for anyone else to share, I gave every Elvis record I have ever owned to KingArthur, and I'm very glad that they have gone to a good home. It was time to declutter my house, and as I hadn't played any vinyl for several years, it was time to let it go. I have sold most of my record collection now, only a few left
    The princess was very happy to receive your record collection, once I've converted them to CD, i'll send you copies, then all of the singles will be going into her original 60's jukebox, and I do admit the price I paid, a bottle of baileys & a meal at Pizza Express, was a bargain
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Forgot to say.....that little black number with the zips looked fantastic on you
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

I haven't owned a record player in prolly 15 years....but I still have one album....which I think everyone has owned....REO Speedwagon Hi Infidelity....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."