Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Share something about your daily commute.

Re: Share something about your daily commute.

I really feel sorry for you all having to suffer traffic jams and the like! I have to suffer driving about in the beautiful Scottish Highlands! My patch includes the far north of scotland coast to coast, lots of single track roads with huge amounts of.......sheep and deer! The main road runs past my house, that overlooks the sea, so I either turn left or right depending if I need to go North or South. I enjoy listening to travel reports on the radio telling about traffic jams in the rest of the country. My closest customer is 4 miles away to the North, my farthest is 150 miles to the west!
    In the summer we do get a lot of tourists wearing blinkers and not using mirrors to see behind them.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

My commute just got so much worse! They started construction at my first stop sign location. I now have to go all the way around town and completely in the opposite direction that I want to go in order to get to my office, it's doubled my commute time! I thought I was angry coming into work before, now I'm fuming!

http://goo.gl/maps/Tbbf3
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

I jump on my bike, whiz past all the cars stuck in the traffic, 10 mins later i'm sitting in a coffee shop waiting for my girlfriend to join me, so we get a nice relaxing 30 mins before i start work...
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

My first call is usually only 2-3 miles away and other than one account, my territory is only about 6 miles by 2 miles. i also park and walk a lot. i like working in downtown!

Partner in crime 100+ Posts Avskrap's Avatar

I've got rougly 70 miles to the office, with the last 15 sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic moving at a snails pace. On a good day it takes me an hour but I've had days where it takes upwards of three. If I leave five minutes too late, it adds about 25 minutes to the total commute.
    I "love" city traffic when the city is from the 1400's and the "modern" roads, byways and highways are from the 1960's...

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avskrap View Post
    I've got rougly 70 miles to the office, with the last 15 sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic moving at a snails pace. On a good day it takes me an hour but I've had days where it takes upwards of three. If I leave five minutes too late, it adds about 25 minutes to the total commute.
    I "love" city traffic when the city is from the 1400's and the "modern" roads, byways and highways are from the 1960's...
    See my above posted video, it may help with your commute times!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

6 miles to the shop from my house, through 11 traffic lights and past 3 elementary schools. Takes about 20 minutes either way. Once on base, all my calls are usually within a 5 mile radius with the exception being Camp Mackall, which is 50 minutes through nothing but forest. That trip runs along the outside edge of base along the drop zones and firing ranges. I can get in a whole album without interruption. My wife gets up at 5 and I usually wake and stay up and lately i have been starting my day by taking the dogs out and watching them play for an hour, while I sit on the deck with the laptop. Very relaxing.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

No matter how bad your commute is, it could always be worse
    This Incredible Film Shows Why Every Car In The 1920s Was An SUV

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Back in the day, the daily commute from Essex then Kent to Central London (WC1 and 2), the snow, fog, rain, sitting at traffic lights for countless phases, going round and round looking for a car park only to find the parking meter out of order, Tube and BR strikes, IRA bombings(x2)

the commute now is less stressful.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints