Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Re: Feel violated here...

Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    Last time I used an O-scope was in 1982 while I was going through the Basic Electricity and Electronics class in the Navy. I do not remember how to use the machine or what the reading mean anymore.
    I always wanted to plug my Les Paul into an O-scope. Just wondered what it would look like....
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

A few years ago I accidentally left the metal tool box on the back of my truck unlocked one night. I thought it was a relatively "safe" neighborhood. Woke up, to find the lid wide open everything inside gone. Everything was lying in the neighbors yard. All I had in there was the factory wheel jack and lug wrench, a bungee cord, a pair of gloves, a cheap dollar store screw driver...

And the only thing they took of value was an old Craftsmen tool case, that I kept the gloves and screw driver in. The old kind with the metal lid and two locking tabs and the little tray on top. Probably sold it for scrap.

Assholes even tried to use my tools to break in the neighbors car but failed. LOL

Also as far as meters go, I rarely use mine. Not sure what brand it is. I replaced the 9v battery once. In the 5 years had it. It was company issue so if its stole, I wont cry(much) over it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts doug94550's Avatar

For myself, I just use a basic vom. I used to get the best of the best but the readings I have to take, when I actually need to take readings, are all just basic readings and do not require the best meter available.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Just want to thank you guys and gals for all the kind words and thoughts, nothing has turned up yet, dont realy expect it to, going today with my 4 year old son and do some tool shopping...parent hood, not just a job, its an adventure.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Feel violated here...

I want to carry as few tools as possible, yet have the right tool for each situation. It always a difficult balance.

Think of it as an opportunity to start from scratch with best quality tools and just exactly what you need. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I want to carry as few tools as possible, yet have the right tool for each situation. It always a difficult balance.

Think of it as an opportunity to start from scratch with best quality tools and just exactly what you need. =^..^=
    The longer the walk to the call, the more i need to carry. What I don't take, will be exactly what I needed.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking