Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad days

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Bad days

I rarely get sick, maybe once a year with a minor cold that I work through in the normal day or two, my family are big allergy sufferers so they are down and out many times throughout the year. So Monday I feel that little tickle at the back of my throat, but my Monday evening I'm feeling like hammered crap, and it's a little scary for me as I really don't get truly sick, so I call the family doctor and ask for an appointment. She is surprised as she has never met me in the 15 years we've had her, so she swabs me and come back in 10 min and says "congratulations, you're my 1st flu case this season". I'm not whining or looking for sympathy, just asking you all to get flu shots before you are infected and laying in bed for 3 days. I know my outlook has changed and I will get one every year from now on. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Re: Bad days

Never had a flu shot. No real reason, just never did.
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bad days

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I rarely get sick, maybe once a year with a minor cold that I work through in the normal day or two .... Emujo
    My wife gets quite irritated with me. I get every passing cold, for about two seconds, then share it with her. Then she's sick for a month. I think by definition, our job exposes us to just about every common ailment. I might have taken two actual sick days in the last decade. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I rarely get sick myself...I do remember getting the flu really bad about a decade ago...of course the job I had then I worked 16 hour days, 7 days a week for a month straight...that really put me down...as for a flu shot...eh I'd not get one as I don't think I really need them...but then for the last 8 years I've been in the military so I don't really get a choice in the matter....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Bad days

Never used to get the shot, But Mrs. Tonerbomb's employer provides them for free to family members. So for the last few years I've got them and have not had the flu since
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I've heard you can get sick from the Flu shots. I guess its because your body is getting used to the injection, who knows. I heard of people still getting sick anyways because the injection was only for specific strains and not the one they contracted.

I haven't been really sick in a couple years so I don't bother with Flu shots. ::knocks on desk::

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I seldom get sick. Ex hubby used to go off sick with man-flu if ever he was in the same postal district as someone who sneezed, but even though we were together for 7 years I think he only infected me a couple of times. I'm made of tough stuff
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

What's the flu? I get the odd cold symptoms sometimes. I don't think I've been properly sick for a long time, and the last shot I had was a tetanus shot, and that was in March.

I probably take more sick days than I really should, but I hate going to work and infecting other people. At least that's my excuse.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Back in the nineties when I was probably in the Reserves, some dope kept losing my shot records. So during that period I got tetnus and MMR shots on a yearly basis. Theoretically, I should be impervious to tetnus because of that. Probably measles and mumps too. And whatever the "R" stands for (ruebella?).
    I'm not entirely sure that's the case, though.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I used to get flu shots, but the last one I got gave me the flu. Now, when I do get the flu, a couple of day days of Thera-Flu with nyquil at night and I'm good.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success