Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fiery IC414

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Fiery IC414

Since this has happened twice, I'd thought I'd share...New C654e with IC 414 setup in the warehouse. Default Fiery password fails. Tried no password, admin, etc but no joy. Can't get into setup w/o password, so I print out a config sheet and using the DHCP "fail" address, connect CWS and send the password retrieval file and it prints out the normal default password. Still doesn't work so I go into the web page and it works here. Changed it and reset and new password works though control panel. Set it back to the normal default password and now everything is fine. Just hoping if you run into this you can get through it w/o having to reload software. Emujo....Sorry, this should have gone into the KM section, was laughing at the joke of the day when I posted this.
    Last edited by emujo; 09-25-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

Re: Fiery IC414

I honestly dislike EFI/Fiery. I always say if I drop from a heart-attack from stress I will come back and haunt EFI company and its owners and make their lives hell like they've made mine.

I've run into this before, retrieved the password and it was one we tried several times at the control panel, and web interface, but once the report printed out it suddenly worked. Explain that.