Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Reds

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

The Reds

How many of us have the red label below avatar?
    Who is gonna be the next one?
    Are we more than 100? 200 maybe?
    Is there any kind of mercy for us?...
    Can we become a Red Union community?
    What do you think??
    (Only 'red' replies please..)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: The Reds

Well I will reply anyway. I used to have red flags, but I turned into a nice guy.

Here is how you get a red flag. You piss off the manual pushers and he gives you a demotion. Or you get a little to nasty in rant and rave section?

There might be other reasons but that's all I can think of.

So you have to help out in the repair section and you will get a positive green mark. Or someone will really like something you have to say in the rant and rave section and you get a good mark. Good luck..

PS. I hope someone doesn't get pissed at me and gives me a red flag for my honest anwser..

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Reds

I got my rep taken away by Paul because I posted a portion of a manual trying to help someone. lol
    It made me really really sad. . Ok, maybe not too sad.
    As long as you are honestly trying to help here it doesn't matter to me if a user has 100 rep or a red mark. That is the reason for this site.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I got my rep taken away by Paul because I posted a portion of a manual trying to help someone. lol
    It made me really really sad. . Ok, maybe not too sad.
    As long as you are honestly trying to help here it doesn't matter to me if a user has 100 rep or a red mark. That is the reason for this site.

Posting part of a manual on a site that is supported by a guy who sells manuals, is like setting up a copier on a sidewalk outside a copier shop, and giving away free copies, when they sell them in the shop.
    ]\
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Reds

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Posting part of a manual on a site that is supported by a guy who sells manuals, is like setting up a copier on a sidewalk outside a copier shop, and giving away free copies, when they sell them in the shop.
    ]\
    Politics aside, this site is here for techs to help other techs. If we are afraid that we will be punished for helping then this site is useless.
    I have nothing against Paul and everything he does for this site, but, I joined to help people, not to appease him.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Politics aside, this site is here for techs to help other techs. If we are afraid that we will be punished for helping then this site is useless.
    I have nothing against Paul and everything he does for this site, but, I joined to help people, not to appease him.
    hi i think if you dont have a manual then you probably not been on training, and can do more harm then good
    we just trying to protect the customer and the product.if you work for proper organization then you will have access to the info,
    or you can purchase it from paul if you know what you doing, if you dont leave it to the professionals.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Nobody gets punishment for helping someone else. You can type out all the detailed instructions you want. We assume that the folks here are techs and have referenced the manuals and thier problem goes beyond that. Therefore discussion with other knowledgeable techs is what we are here for. We don't want this site to be known as a place toget free manuals, it attracts the wrong people.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    (Only 'red' replies please..)
    When I saw the heading for this post .... my first thought was ...
    " HEY ! A new post dedicated to Debs "
    BOY WAS I WRONG !
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    The Reds

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Nobody gets punishment for helping someone else. You can type out all the detailed instructions you want. We assume that the folks here are techs and have referenced the manuals and thier problem goes beyond that. Therefore discussion with other knowledgeable techs is what we are here for. We don't want this site to be known as a place toget free manuals, it attracts the wrong people.
    Just to clarify. I didn't give away a free manual, and never will! I copied and pasted a a couple lines from a manual I have on my laptop. I did that because I am lazy and didn't want to type it all out manually and I don't want to get carpel tunnel. lol
    Anyone reading the excerpt I posted would need at least some knowledge of copier repair to understand it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    The Reds

Thumbs up Re: The Reds

Posting a page or 2 from a manual is ok, posting an entire chapter or more than a couple of pages is against the forum rules. These are the sysop's rules, not mine. I support this site monthly with a donation but more importantly I run a banner ad on the top of the screen which is costly but worth it to me. I'll boost your rep now. It seems I've given out too much good rep today, it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Paul