Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rnrplayhrd

3D Ricoh manuals

Is it just me or are the Ricoh 3D parts manuals really aggravating? I was in color class last year and the Ricoh instructor told us that due to all the complainants regarding the 3D manuals Ricoh was going back to standard PDF's.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts neergish's Avatar
    A little bit to the left of the centre of the known universe.

Re: 3D Ricoh manuals

I like the way they show the exact angle that obsucures the part your trying to find.
    "See if you can rent a spring hook and a phillips screwdriver it will make your life that much easier..."

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

You know, if there was a way to enlarge the main 3D image, or if the pictures on the right hand side showed the size and actual shape of the parts as they relate to the other parts in that column, that actually would be great. Until they do that though, I'll turn the PDF version up to 150% and use the PDF search to find what I need.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    3D Ricoh manuals

I can tolerate the actual 3D parts catalogs. What I do not like is the new pseudo 3D pdf catalogs.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    3D Ricoh manuals

Quote Originally Posted by rnrplayhrd View Post
    Is it just me or are the Ricoh 3D parts manuals really aggravating? I was in color class last year and the Ricoh instructor told us that due to all the complainants regarding the 3D manuals Ricoh was going back to standard PDF's.

So thats what happed! The last set of DVDs I got was missing the 3D versions of the MP C2550, MP C2800 and MP C5000 range. I asked NTS in Sydney and they hadn't got a clue what I was talking about and said they would esculate it to Singapore and that was the last I heard.

Why can't we go back to paper manuals? you could scribble notes about part number changes in the margin and turn the corner down on the page you needed most. Life was simpler then.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

To be able to take a 2d drawing and make it 3d, and totally loose your audience, somebody at Ricoh got his brother in law a job and refuses to admit the guy is an idiot.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Its 2013... No flying cars, no colonies living on the moon and mars. At least I should have a 3D holographic parts manual by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    You know, if there was a way to enlarge the main 3D image, or if the pictures on the right hand side showed the size and actual shape of the parts as they relate to the other parts in that column, that actually would be great. Until they do that though, I'll turn the PDF version up to 150% and use the PDF search to find what I need.
    You can use the catalog viewer application to rotate and enlarge. The resolution isn't too great.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Here's a thought ....
    If they were actually 3-D .... could you just print a part instead of having to order one and wait for it to come in ?
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    3D Ricoh manuals

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    Here's a thought ....
    If they were actually 3-D .... could you just print a part instead of having to order one and wait for it to come in ?
    A valid point, but at the same time it depends on the part. A solid plastic chunk of transfer belt does no one any good, nor can it print a magnetic roller. Plastic drums also come to mind as a bad idea... Plastic fuser?
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?