Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

Samsung S4 or Note 3?

I have an SII now and love the phone, hate the provider so I'm making a switch soon. I can't decide if I should get the S4 or the bigger, Note 3.

Has anyone gone with the Note and been happier or do you find it just too large?

Just looking for opinions.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Re: Samsung S4 or Note 3?

I always preferred this one myself.

crank phone.jpg
    I know I should be ashamed of myself. Strangely though, I am not.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I have a note 2 and love it. It is big, which means I can see everything. Get an otter box for it, it will be even larger, but will save the phone. I use Verizon, which has far greater coverage than AT&T.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    I have a note 2 and love it. It is big, which means I can see everything. Get an otter box for it, it will be even larger, but will save the phone. I use Verizon, which has far greater coverage than AT&T.
    Yeah, with the OtterBox can you even fit it in your pocket though? It's nice to throw my SII right into my pocket when I'm working. So, that's what I'm worried about....the Note being too big. Now, if I used a slim cover and a glass shield it would keep the bulk down and may still fit in my pocket.

Still debating...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    I always preferred this one myself.

crank phone.jpg
    You're showing your age Gene
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Samsung S4 or Note 3?

Just went through this myself. I went with the s4, the screen is dramatically bigger than your s2 so I don't think you need to go with the extreme.

The note would be cool as a mini tablet but I was worried I would end up cursing the thing everytime it got stuck in my pocket

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Samsung S4 or Note 3?

I have an S4 myself after having a CrapBerry for the last 3 years. Haven't even had it a month but I love it infinitely more than its predecessor. It's my favourite toy, I can control my media programs on my PC from the phone itself, I never have to get up to change my TV show marathons.
    I would hazard a guess that the Note 3 seems too large, if you're going for a tablet, why not just get a full sized tablet? The S4 is already a rather large phone, more so if you're one of the people who likes the extended life batteries.
    Last edited by Akitu; 10-11-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    I have an S4 myself after having a CrapBerry for the last 3 years. Haven't even had it a month but I love it infinitely more than its predecessor. It's my favourite toy, I can control my media programs on my PC from the phone itself, I never have to get up to change my TV show marathons.
    I would hazard a guess that the Note 2 seems too large, if you're going for a tablet, why not just get a full sized tablet? The S4 is already a rather large phone, more so if you're one of the people who likes the extended life batteries.
    Do people still actually use Blackberrys? I would imagine carrier pidgeons would be a better alternative...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Samsung S4 or Note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    Do people still actually use Blackberrys? I would imagine carrier pidgeons would be a better alternative...
    I'll give credit where it's due, the blackberry email server was highly useful, and the email services in general were better on my BB than my S4, otherwise it was a complete and utter failure. I do so very much miss the solid keyboard though, if I had to have a single complaint about the S4 and newer phones in general, it's that they're all going to a complete touch-screen interface. I have to pay attention to what I'm typing now whereas with the old QWERTY setup I knew where every key was by heart, made answering work emails while driving much easier and much less dangerous. None of the hassle of pulling off to the side of the road and wasting valuable time double checking for stupid auto-correct mistakes.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung S4 or Note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    I still use a Blackberry. I freely admit I don't give a rats ass about apps. My phone is for work and as Akitu stated, the keyboard is better than any touch screen phone I have used. And also the battery lasts forever. It is a sad thing to watch the company implode.