Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mailing Equipment...?

Re: Mailing Equipment...?

Quote Originally Posted by atwageman View Post
    Some of you guys should try working on the big inserters PB, Kern, Muller Martini, etc. make. If you go bonkers on the glorified table top machines, you'll have nervous breakdowns over the really big ones. Plus you need more than just #2 phillips to work on the damn things.

Ive seen copier techs with 20+ years under their belts get humbled real quick and rethink that career change they just made.
    Truth.

I have Kern and MailCrafter experience as well. I'm also very seasoned with the DS1000/1200 from Neopost

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mailing Equipment...?

Kern anybody???

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I was trained on a Kern machine, but I never actually got to work on one.

I did a lot with Secap, MY, Kirk Rudy, Buskro, Surefeed, & Streamfeed.

One of the big things about mailing equipment that makes it different than copiers is the adjusting and tweaking. I mean, with copiers and printers, you just replace the part and the problem goes away. With most the mailing equipment I've worked on you have to tweak and tweak until some absurdly large, bulky piece of mail will run through the machine consistently. I never really quite got used to doing things that way.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mailing Equipment...?

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I was trained on a Kern machine, but I never actually got to work on one.

I did a lot with Secap, MY, Kirk Rudy, Buskro, Surefeed, & Streamfeed.

One of the big things about mailing equipment that makes it different than copiers is the adjusting and tweaking. I mean, with copiers and printers, you just replace the part and the problem goes away. With most the mailing equipment I've worked on you have to tweak and tweak until some absurdly large, bulky piece of mail will run through the machine consistently. I never really quite got used to doing things that way.
    Yes .....the tweaking. Some of the newer machines have become a little more operator friendly as far as tweaking goes. On the technician side it can still be a pain. As tech you really have to be able to think outside the box. The Service manuals many times are nothing more than getting you in the ball park so to say.

Maybe be the admins of this site can create a section for us techs who work on this type of equipment.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atwageman View Post
    Yes .....the tweaking. Some of the newer machines have become a little more operator friendly as far as tweaking goes. On the technician side it can still be a pain. As tech you really have to be able to think outside the box. The Service manuals many times are nothing more than getting you in the ball park so to say.

Maybe be the admins of this site can create a section for us techs who work on this type of equipment.
    For what it is worth, you might try asking for a new section here:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/si...and-questions/
    If you can make a decent case for that it will probably work.
    In the mean time, you might try using this:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ca...elecom-other-/
    It's where I look for MBM stuff, which is the closest I've ever been to that sort of equipment.