Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Understanding Copier Techs...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    I used that expression once in another panel and got reprimanded for it.

Hans
    That 'panel' must have been full of Christian loyalists; they consider that name..Jesus, a ''Name above all names'', not to be 'misused'. [I pray that 'fixthecopier',mrWho & co, doesn't see this post].

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Understanding Copier Techs...?

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    That 'panel' must have been full of Christian loyalists; they consider that name..Jesus, a ''Name above all names'', not to be 'misused'. [I pray that 'fixthecopier',mrWho & co, doesn't see this post].
    There are more rules to using Jesus' name than Voldemort's...
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

I usually hang my head in shame when I power up a Taskalfa color machine after checking drums and devs and it throws a dev error code and I know I left one connector unplugged....or working on a 601/751 IU and power machine up to get a main charger code and look over on the table where it's sitting....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I usually hang my head in shame when I power up a Taskalfa color machine after checking drums and devs and it throws a dev error code and I know I left one connector unplugged....or working on a 601/751 IU and power machine up to get a main charger code and look over on the table where it's sitting....
    first step of recovery is admiting

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Is it just me ,or does anyone else suffer from "Murphy's Law"?

I could be stripping down the developer drive gear box in an MX3500 (a 2 man job ) and reassemble it by myself with faultless accuracy and miraculess short time, only to find while tightening down the last screw that you left an "e-clip off the black drive shaft inside the entire gearbox. So once again you strip it down and start juggling all the cluster gears while inserting the missing e-clip with phone under the chin calling for that second technician to assit you to align all the cluster gear shafts because you run out of hands and feet to use while putting the face plates back together.....

Why is it that every single operation that goes back together with ease and simplicity always,always has something missing or out of place? Which means disassembling the entire unit again. I'm so use to what I call "Murphy's Law" so much, that as soon as some difficult job falls into place with ease, I immediately disassemble it to find out why it went back together so easy. I know from a millennia of experience that something sure-as-sh!t is wrong. In knowing that, I can just about be 90% sure of finding what was in error during the quick assembly...... I truly hate Murph'y Law......arrrrgh...
    I frequently run into just the opposite. When something that is normally easy to reassemble suddenly becomes difficult, I have forgotten something early on.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hello DAG. I have to tell you that using the F word with a customer in ear shot might get you fired also here in the states. It is a word that you use under your breath. It would be rude to say that in front of a customer. But it also depends on the customer I guess. Fixthecopierdude might with his army base buddies? Maybe working with longshoremen? I would never use that word no matter what myself . Except when I'm playing golf.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Fundamentalism, be it religious or politic, that's what ruins the world.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Hello DAG. I have to tell you that using the F word with a customer in ear shot might get you fired also here in the states. It is a word that you use under your breath. It would be rude to say that in front of a customer. But it also depends on the customer I guess. Fixthecopierdude might with his army base buddies? Maybe working with longshoremen? I would never use that word no matter what myself . Except when I'm playing golf.
    I've had customers that drop the Fbomb regularly, and more than I do and that's quite an accomplishment.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Here's one missing from that list;

"Who sold you this then?"

And that one short film made John Cleese an amazing amount of money for pointing out that telling the customer that he had been shafted by a salesman was not a good career move.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post

Actually, I do not use it as part of my vocabulary throughout the day. i am aware that although a lot of soldiers say it regularly, it doesn't mean others around them are not offended. If I am saying it, I am saying it to myself.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking