Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Rant about business addresses...

Am I the only one who has found themselves trying to find a business by looking for the street address, and find yourself cursing about the fact that people do not seem to see a need for their numbers to be seen from the road. I find it hard to see three inch tall numbers from 50 feet away while driving 45 miles an hour. And as with the place I went to today, there was no business name anywhere. I drove past it 3 times before deciding to take a chance and pull in. Even with GPS, it seems like some people don't want to be seen. I also love it when the business name on the ticket is something totlly different from what is on the sign outside. Well, I am done, just wanted to bitch to people who might fell my pain.

By the way, not worth starting a thread over but if you want to get to know a bizhub 501 real intimately, drop the back bushing from the reg assembly in the gear pack under it. Well, it got thoroughly cleaned.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Rant about business addresses...

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    ... By the way, not worth starting a thread over but if you want to get to know a bizhub 501 real intimately, drop the back bushing from the reg assembly in the gear pack under it. Well, it got thoroughly cleaned.
    Did you solve a problem, or was this just ... exploratory surgery? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Did you solve a problem, or was this just ... exploratory surgery? =^..^=
    It was one of those moments where you use one of the terms listed in the other thread. Last call, I am pulling the reg assembly to change both of the clutches; and I hear that "Ping" noise that gives you a sinking feeling. Dropped in the gear pack under it, behind the gears. Flashlight is going dim, spend 10 minutes trying to fish it out with a long dental tool, then start pulling it all out. Finally got the gear pack out, and it dropped into the next one down. On the upside, machine has 1.1 million on it so I gave it a through cleaning.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Am I the only one who has found themselves trying to find a business by looking for the street address, and find yourself cursing about the fact that people do not seem to see a need for their numbers to be seen from the road. I find it hard to see three inch tall numbers from 50 feet away while driving 45 miles an hour. And as with the place I went to today, there was no business name anywhere. I drove past it 3 times before deciding to take a chance and pull in. Even with GPS, it seems like some people don't want to be seen. I also love it when the business name on the ticket is something totlly different from what is on the sign outside. Well, I am done, just wanted to bitch to people who might fell my pain.
    When I have to go to a customer that I never been to before, I mapquest the address and click on Satellite to get a visual of the area. Google earth also is useful.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I feel ya on the street number issue and other signage. Also I hate when it is a multi building company and the address is for the entire property. Then there is no extra information to which door or building to go to. Also when there are multiple locations for a business someone puts the main office address when the copier is sometimes located in a different town.

What bothers me is when in the larger cities in downtown area having to deal with parking meters or even worse when you have to park so far away and have to drag laptop, tools, and a bunch of parts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    I feel ya on the street number issue and other signage. Also I hate when it is a multi building company and the address is for the entire property. Then there is no extra information to which door or building to go to. Also when there are multiple locations for a business someone puts the main office address when the copier is sometimes located in a different town.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    I don't feel this is a customer's fault, rather, it's a problem with data entry for that equipment's location. The techs servicing that equipment should update the location with dispatch or admin. The sales department has the initial responsibility to provide customer location, contact, and phone number.
    I do feel a proper address that can be seen from the roadway should be regulated and enforced.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --