Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    You know your getting old when...

Re: You know your getting old when...

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I keep seeing people complaining about being old when they're in their 30's, you're only as old as you feel, I can barely remember my 30's, but I feel younger, fitter and healthier than I've ever done before, so age is just a number, and an irrelevent one at that.
    The only times I feel my age are when getting up off the floor, I used to be able to do it in a single leap, and when I listen to modern "music" LOL
    You must be getting old. I didn't start having trouble getting up off the floor until after they retires me out of the Army Reserves at age 60.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You must be getting old. I didn't start having trouble getting up off the floor until after they retires me out of the Army Reserves at age 60.
    Geez, you must be more of a lifer than me, I probably kind of retired from the Army Reserves when I was 39 (got my twenty year letter then, what can I say?). Still, if we cross paths sometime, I'll show you the P38 on my keyring. It has got my sitting muscles out of a sling more often than once.
    Aw, crap, I really am that old, and you kids get off my lawn!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I refuse to get old
    Hahah... Me too kiddo.... Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I said I used to be able to get up with a single leap, now I can't do that, I have to use my hands to help, I don't have trouble getting up. 49 is not that bloody old
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I said I used to be able to get up with a single leap, now I can't do that, I have to use my hands to help, I don't have trouble getting up. 49 is not that bloody old
    Like many others, I can no longer get off the floor or bed in a single leap, i feel dizzy and my head spins; have to sit on the edge of the bed for a few seconds before i eventually stand up. My doctor says its common with onset of old age, and not anemia as i had worried.
    -I have also started having more dental appointments. My eyesight seem to be deteriorating further, from the negative -0.75 lens power(both eyes) I started with in the year 1977 when i got my first pair of spectacles, to now -5.5 lens power, i got recently in may this year.
    - As for my lower backache, its chronic.
    - Just one more thing, I have become very selective in my diet; Dry beans give too much digestive problems, no beef stew, only thoroughly smoked dried meat in peanut butter. I prefer to eat white meat.
    All in all I obey my old age body signals.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Geez, you must be more of a lifer than me, I probably kind of retired from the Army Reserves when I was 39 (got my twenty year letter then, what can I say?). Still, if we cross paths sometime, I'll show you the P38 on my keyring. It has got my sitting muscles out of a sling more often than once.
    Aw, crap, I really am that old, and you kids get off my lawn!
    The p38 is one of the greatest tools the army ever issued. I have the old time "steel" ones. Pretty sure it would cut through a car if I tried.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The p38 is one of the greatest tools the army ever issued. I have the old time "steel" ones. Pretty sure it would cut through a car if I tried.
    What is a p38? I have googled it and several options came up, if it refers to the can opener, then I have had one of those on my key ring for over 30 years, it used to be the only one I ever used when camping
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What is a p38? I have googled it and several options came up, if it refers to the can opener, then I have had one of those on my key ring for over 30 years, it used to be the only one I ever used when camping
    You got it. Used to come packed with C-rations.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ah, C Rats. They came with smokes too.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

My dad still bitches about C-rats, he used to bring them home for camping trips (mid 70's) only to find that when he went to get them for the trip, all the smokes, chocolate, other "goodies" were gone...Man he was pissed. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.