Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    You know your getting old when...

You know your getting old when:

you have to put on glasses to see where that last screw goes

it takes you 15 attempts to rewire a charge corona

you need a trolley to carry tools and parts

you need to pee after one cup of customer supplied tea (mind you some customers tea....)

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: You know your getting old when...

When you're on a web site that wants the year you were born and you have to scroll, and scroll, and scroll down to find it.
    You think anybody under 25 looks like a teenager
    You remember when the high beam flasher was on the floor board.
    When you think there just might be a chance you are going to receive social security. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    When you're on a web site that wants the year you were born and you have to scroll, and scroll, and scroll down to find it.
    You think anybody under 25 looks like a teenager
    You remember when the high beam flasher was on the floor board.
    When you think there just might be a chance you are going to receive social security. Emujo

YEP !!!!!!
    All of the above. AND ....

You turned on the key of you car or truck and had to press the clutch all the way to the floor to hit the starter button ; three speed shifter on the column ; you did not have seatbelts ... you could stretch out in the area behind the backseat and the rear window of the car to take a nap ; there was no TV ; no air conditioning ; listening to AM Radio ; ( on a good night , even down here in the Wonderful Deep South, we could pick up WLS radio out of Chicago ) .

When I called Social Security Admin ( PS. their website may have been designed by some of the democrats that did the oblamacare site ), I did find out I would be able to start drawing my Social Security next year. ( Well , that is unless oblama decides to give the money that I was forced to pay in ( Read you American History .... Social Security was a voluntary pay-in designed by the democrats as an additional retirement fund for you : now it is mandatory , thank you again democrats ) , to an illegal immigrant who has never paid any taxes , SSI , FICA, etc. , but qualifies for food stamps .
    Last edited by HenryT2; 11-05-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

...When you get a letter from AARP with a membership card and you read it, then later, at supper with the wife, you see where you can get free coffee with your AARP card, and now re-thinking the idea of joining up with them....guilty of this, but have not yet.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

When you get a little something called CRS..."Can't Remember Shit" AKA Old-timers disease.
    What's really strange is that I can remember customers machines and the problem they had better than I can remember peoples names and faces, Go figure.
    Izzy

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    When you get a little something called CRS..."Can't Remember Shit" AKA Old-timers disease.
    What's really strange is that I can remember customers machines and the problem they had better than I can remember peoples names and faces, Go figure.
    Sounds familiar. I often can't remember which customers I visited yesterday... A few weeks ago I tried to find a little fuse on an Engine Board and it seems I need glasses...

I'm getting old...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    ...When you get a letter from AARP with a membership card and you read it, then later, at supper with the wife, you see where you can get free coffee with your AARP card, and now re-thinking the idea of joining up with them....guilty of this, but have not yet.
    I have had this same issue... I am 31 years old, and I have received mailings from AARP, the Scooter Store, Humana, etc... for the better part of 2 years. I thought I had to be 62-ish before I qualified for any of this stuff. Maybe it's time I call them and sign up, since they obviously want me.
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Well, it's not just the ladies who have to deal with things sagging in old age... Sat down on the edge of my bed a few months ago after getting out of the shower, and sat on my own balls. Been VERY careful not to do that again.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Well, it's not just the ladies who have to deal with things sagging in old age... Sat down on the edge of my bed a few months ago, and sat on my own balls. Been VERY careful not to do that again.
    We don't have that problem up north this time of year. The old buggers are sucked up tight to keep warm.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavePo View Post
    We don't have that problem up north this time of year. The old buggers are sucked up tight to keep warm.
    What ?
    You mean the GLOBAL WARMING isn't working for ya'll up there ?
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .