Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Unhappy Re: Time to admit to all your boo boos

In the middle of Barclays with my trusted worn out shoes, changing a toner for a HP 4350, a woman opens the door for me at the top of the stairs so i rush up so she doesnt have to wait... needless to say i had no grip on my shoes and fell up the stairs, the woman was in shock, me and my white shirt was covered in toner, to this day i still havent been able to remove both the toner from the shorts nor the shame on my face.

DON'T RUN WITH TONER

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Time to admit to all your boo boos

Re: Time to admit to all your boo boos

I realized I wasn't removing the Transfer Belt and the blotchy-void problem was my sweaty hand prints from fighting to get the PH unit out.
    Been there done that. Last week. Damn......

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Mpc dev unit - forgot to remove the bung on the toner hole. Called back 1h later for white banding. Had to vac out the laser unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Tech calls in with a weird copy quality problem he can't solve, I've never heard of it either. Check all my usual sources of manufacturers technical info and can't find anything relevant. Then turn to my usual savior, CopyTechNet, and there it is, exactly what I've been looking for!! Then check who posted these words of wisdom and....oh dear!!!....it was me!!!
    Might be time to make some serious inquiries about booking a spot in a dementia ward.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Tech calls in with a weird copy quality problem he can't solve, I've never heard of it either. Check all my usual sources of manufacturers technical info and can't find anything relevant. Then turn to my usual savior, CopyTechNet, and there it is, exactly what I've been looking for!! Then check who posted these words of wisdom and....oh dear!!!....it was me!!!
    Might be time to make some serious inquiries about booking a spot in a dementia ward.

At least you didn't look at the post and wonder if the guy knew what he was talking about.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    My database often works that way. I'm stumped, so I start some fairly random text searches on the topic. To my surprise, there is the fix, and it was me. I think it was 1995 that I realized that I could forget far more than I'll ever remember. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I was working in a bag factory on a poly polypropylene extruder, most of the work on them you do while the machine is live they cant switch off otherwise the contraction of the machine cooling down breaks the heating elements. There are different sections on the machine you can switch off to change the elements, but i switched of the wrong section and cut thru a 380 v loaded circuit. My hands was black my face was black the section of the machine was black and my vision gone for about half a Minute. The side cutters front was melted. what should of been a 30min fix turned in to hours.

In the same factory you would get bored working night shift so, making termite seems like a good idea. But were do you get all the rust you need. So i ringed up electrolysis bath out of a plastic tank and made a 420 DC power supply out of 8 5A, AC rectifiers so 40A in total on a 75A beaker. Work like a beast it would boil the salty water (10 liters) in a couple of minutes.
    The next batch i started i stuck my hand in the tank, bieng DC all your mussels contract leaving you in a vegetative state lucky the earth leakage in my repair shop was working because it share the same circuit with the offices. As i sagged down my other hand touched the concrete and the earth leakage kick in and saved me. if that was a carpet i would have been screwed.

WTF is Termite and why do you need rust for that????

Hans

Ok oops that is a bad typo. termite that's the word. its a combination of metal powders with a lot of oxygen in the mix, if you add enough external energy the metals would burn ferociously.

So i needed a cup of rust, i first attempted scratching rust off of old things but that would have taken forever. I some places its not legal to make the stuff. So i would not recommend it.

Aaaaahhh, so the rust supplies the oxygen?

Errr..... what are you planning to do with that stuff Allan? Any bank vaults in mind?

Hans