Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Earworms!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Earworms!

Re: Earworms!

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    Reminds me of the early 70's (I think) when I saw them live.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Ever had an "Anti-earworm"? A tune you liked a lot, but like rain on a freshly waxed car it wouldn't stick?
    I liked this a lot for a while back in the day, but I could never remember it long enough to get the album (it didn't get played that often on the local radio), and now it is too late:

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Earworms!

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Ever had an "Anti-earworm"? A tune you liked a lot, but like rain on a freshly waxed car it wouldn't stick?
    I liked this a lot for a while back in the day, but I could never remember it long enough to get the album (it didn't get played that often on the local radio), and now it is too late:
    Always liked VH, both with DLR and Hagar. Man, Eddie could play (plus married to Valerie Bertanelli for a while........).

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 50+ Posts MjarbarV2.0's Avatar

My own 'Earworm' is this track from Johnny Cash, I can't remember where I first heard it but the tune itself has stayed with me.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MjarbarV2.0 View Post
    My own 'Earworm' is this track from Johnny Cash, I can't remember where I first heard it but the tune itself has stayed with me.

Johnny Cash, one of my favourites, there is no such thing as a bad track by The Man In Black
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Earworms!

Tom jones did a passable version also......

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    Tom jones did a passable version also......
    Thank you for that, I'd never heard that version, Tom Jones is pretty awesome too, he's another one on my list of people I'd love to see live. Johnny Cash did a very good version of Green, Green Grass of Home
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Here's something somewhat newer that stuck with me for a while (although I did like "The Clash" when they were on the radio, so it might not be that new):

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 50+ Posts MjarbarV2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Here's something somewhat newer that stuck with me for a while (although I did like "The Clash" when they were on the radio, so it might not be that new):
    This video passed me by when it was released, but two cool cars and Bruce Willis, as well as a good tune what could be wrong!

i still also like their track 'Clint Eastwood'

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Earworms!

Music has always had a strong impact in my life, my peers consider me odd for listening to music from before I was born. I feel doubly strange for being one of a dying breed of hard rock enthusiasts now that the world has gone pop.

Gorillaz is a unique band because it's actually all done by various artists with the monikers of the Gorillaz gang. The video for their "Clint Eastwood" track is a good introduction to them, funny little characters. Their last album "Plastic Beach" was a more melancholy style as evidenced by the "Stylo" song linked above by Iowatech. Rather than giving off multiple videos from that album of recommended tracks, I'll give a short list.
    • Rhinestone Eyes
    • Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach (Featuring the one and only Snoop Dogg)
    • Pirate Jet
    • Superfast Jellyfish
    • Some Kind of Nature (Featuring the late, great Lou Reed)

To top it all off, one of the songs that launched Gorillaz into the mainstream spotlight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a semi-related note, I think this video has a much better rendition of Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down", though I can't place my finger on why...

I realize this is going to be a huge post from inserting two videos, I hope you'll pardon the visual foul. If you liked "Stylo" I would definitely recommend checking out the above linked songs in the list.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?