Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Earworms!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Earworms!

Earworms!

You know, that song that plays in your head over and over and over........ This one has taken over my head for the last couple of days. Mick Taylor played some sweet licks..... And Keef, well,.........

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Earworms!

Oh, no.

Apparently the Stones performed at the Iowa State Fair back in the '70s, and this was one of the songs that was shown on the local PBS tv station's fair coverage back then. The set was different and there was a lot more fog, though. I'd forgotten all about that. That was an earworm back then, and proving to be one even now.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Earworms!

The Stones (among a few others) have provided me with earworms for years! I think it's time for them to retire though. I (briefly) watched a clip of them performing live with Katy Perry, and it was awfull. She is nice to look at for sure, but sans autotune, she can't carry a tune. And I think the arthritis has gotten to Keef, he was terrible. Time to retire with some dignity, chaps.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    The Stones (among a few others) have provided me with earworms for years! I think it's time for them to retire though. I (briefly) watched a clip of them performing live with Katy Perry, and it was awfull. She is nice to look at for sure, but sans autotune, she can't carry a tune. And I think the arthritis has gotten to Keef, he was terrible. Time to retire with some dignity, chaps.
    I saw them live last summer, and I can say that I absolutely disagree with you, they still have it
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

I don't remember how the hell I came across them on youtube (drinking was involved) but a buddy of mine were swapping weird vids we found of music and I came across Feuerschwanz....I don't understand anything they say as it's all in German...I do a translate of the title and think ok that sounds cool and I get the gimmick the bands are going for...needless to say I really like this band now lol

"In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Earworms!

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I saw them live last summer, and I can say that I absolutely disagree with you, they still have it
    Well, that's good to know - I saw them live back in the mid 80's or so, so to see this last video was a real let-down! I guess they were just having a bad night, or Keith fell off the wagon for that night.........

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Earworms!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Earworms!

Lisa "Legs" Fischer was pretty hot......

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

OK, let's take the wayback machine to a few years before I knew about the Rolling Stones. Apparently, there was an educational program on TV that had this as it's opening credits:

Um, I don't remember what program it was from or even if this is true (I was pretty young back then). Still, this was an earworm later when I was probably in the Reserves watching the engineer group we were supporting doing their thing.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Earworms!

This is one that got stuck in my head. I'm not usually the "pop" music type, but I'll be damned if I didn't get caught up in it.

The cover of the song I wound up enjoying all the more because I know that Lizzy Hale is a stone cold fox.
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?