Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Lazy ass techs....

I'm pulling my hair out on this one....we have a blast email address that goes out to 1/2, or the other 1/2 (east/west) of the field techs. This is a great way to get some help with a problem you have not seen before, or have not been able to fix. We have more than a few techs that IMO just plain abuse the system..."I need this part#, what does this code mean, my machine does this...why," and so on. Every time I get one of these ridiculous emails I want to "reply all" what the f*** is your problem? Why can't you look the GD code up, or part#, yourself. Somewhere, there is a tech getting home past 5pm, and pulling out his/her manual and looking this info up for you because you are such a f***king lazy idiot that you can't do it yourself...I understand sometimes you don't have a laptop, or it's a difficult problem not covered by the normal troubleshooting procedures, and that's when I (and I'm sure the other 99% of competent techs) will be glad to assist. We have good techs loosing their jobs due to "right sizing" and these assholes (one asshole in particular) keep showing just what f***ing incompetent tools they are. ARGHHHH...Some of my peers say, just ignore/don't answer, but it drives me insane when I get these stupid, duh....what's this code mean (unfortunately I can't type with a moron accent, but if I could....)I truly believe someone who can't open a manual, or look at the tech support site to help himself 1st should be fired WITH EXTREAM PREJUDIC!!!! Help me, I've locked my self in my car.....Hopefully, someone who knows the idiot I speak of and lives much closer to him might be able to hold him by the throat and bitch slap some common sense and courtesy into him. I think my next step is to simply forward all the emails I've got from him over the years to his manager...maybe he will be able to see that this guy must be dumber than a mud fence. I think he might be better off opening an anvil repair shop, computer skills not a must for this position....Thanks for letting me rant...Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Re: Lazy ass techs....

Slightly miffed, eh?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Lazy ass techs....

Hey. What else would a "Rants, Raves, and Everything Else" than to give the oportunity to let off a little steam.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I'm pulling my hair out on this one....we have a blast email address that goes out to 1/2, or the other 1/2 (east/west) of the field techs. This is a great way to get some help with a problem you have not seen before, or have not been able to fix. We have more than a few techs that IMO just plain abuse the system..."I need this part#, what does this code mean, my machine does this...why," and so on. Every time I get one of these ridiculous emails I want to "reply all" what the f*** is your problem? Why can't you look the GD code up, or part#, yourself. Somewhere, there is a tech getting home past 5pm, and pulling out his/her manual and looking this info up for you because you are such a f***king lazy idiot that you can't do it yourself...I understand sometimes you don't have a laptop, or it's a difficult problem not covered by the normal troubleshooting procedures, and that's when I (and I'm sure the other 99% of competent techs) will be glad to assist. We have good techs loosing their jobs due to "right sizing" and these assholes (one asshole in particular) keep showing just what f***ing incompetent tools they are. ARGHHHH...Some of my peers say, just ignore/don't answer, but it drives me insane when I get these stupid, duh....what's this code mean (unfortunately I can't type with a moron accent, but if I could....)I truly believe someone who can't open a manual, or look at the tech support site to help himself 1st should be fired WITH EXTREAM PREJUDIC!!!! Help me, I've locked my self in my car.....Hopefully, someone who knows the idiot I speak of and lives much closer to him might be able to hold him by the throat and bitch slap some common sense and courtesy into him. I think my next step is to simply forward all the emails I've got from him over the years to his manager...maybe he will be able to see that this guy must be dumber than a mud fence. I think he might be better off opening an anvil repair shop, computer skills not a must for this position....Thanks for letting me rant...Emujo
    I think I know this guy... Not really, but I've got one just like him. The really stupid part is that every meeting he gets a pile of "attaboys" from his customers... Because he's a kiss-ass.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Please Emujo... tell us how you really feel!
    Do for one what you wished you could do for everyone. - Andy Stanley

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Lazy ass techs....

I'll answer these questions with a question:

What does the manual say?
    What have you done so far?
    What do you think is happening?

It throws the responsibility back onto the lazy putz. I haven't said so in a while, but I'll help anybody who makes a real effort. Requests like that don't count as a real effort. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Lazy ass techs....

These kind of "techs" are in every company. I now start asking them questions when they call or email me to try and prevent them from annoying the hell out of me during my day which is busy enough with my work. I don't get credit for fixing their machine and get frustrated when they get bonuses for everyone elses hard work and knowledge
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

I work with a bloke who is by no means "dumb", In fact my father would have referred to him as "being as cunning as a shit-house rat."
    He is the bloke who grabs every "out of town" or travel job that comes out of the printer. Of course he is the same bloke that is nowhere to be seen when a PM is to be performed. The bloke who will go to great lengths to "patch up" a machine, totally ignore the counters & fuck off back to work, to stick his head back up the bosses arse. Of course leaving it so the next poor dumb bastard, "me" has to do the dirty work.
    Out of a team of three, I would do at least 95.00 percent of the production machines & pm's. Fuck it shits me.
    I don't mind work, but why should I have to do "all" the shit work. It has gotten to the point that now I am automatically given the work because I "do such a good job." It's because of all the fucken practice I get.
    I have just returned from a couple of weeks leave. Guess what is sitting on my desk? A bunch of drums & devs for the production color machine. Despite the fact that those two lazy pricks could have done it while I was on leave.
    Do I sound angry?

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Lazy ass techs....

Isn't it Amazing, that it's the same every where !!! we all know this Tech, The schmuck, lazy ass,dumb ass ect...........
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Emujo is probably talking about ME!!!!!!!! I sent the reply "rtm then ask again".... I have not heard from the putz...
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!