Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tablet computer

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Tablet computer

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Please explain how this works
    Well you take a jumble of characters for example s,h,i,t, you can rearrange them into words like "t.h.i.s". And that's how random characters like "this" work. I hope I've help you understand how "this" works?

At the unemployment office I've often heard the statement "this" character won't work... I'm not sure if "this" is any help to you though...
    I don't really know any people by the name of "this" or how hard they work...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Tablet computer

Haha, I deserve that. My "reply-to" didn't work, I guess.

@mr. Claire

How do you sync e-automate to Dropbox?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Have recieved a dell venue 8 running windows 8, havent much experience with it but I must say its great for viewing pdfs

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I bought a Surface RT last week and have been very impressed so far. Not only can I read service and part manuals at laptop speed, I can install firmware from it. It has all the PC stuff built in like command prompt, control panel, devices and printers, etc. and with an adapter, I hooked it directly into a machine today.
    I never thought I would say this about a Microsoft product, but it is awesome!

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The office is getting me one. They are stuck on getting the Ipad although Kyocera has problems with Apple products(I am told). After I suggested researching an alternative, I was told that the others crash. Any truth to that? suggestions?

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yakyitz View Post
    The office is getting me one. They are stuck on getting the Ipad although Kyocera has problems with Apple products(I am told). After I suggested researching an alternative, I was told that the others crash. Any truth to that? suggestions?
    The iPad is the most popular tablet. It's more "polished" but more restricted on what you can do. Android based tablets give you more "freedom", however there can be bugs, mainly because there are multiple designs and the OS is not made to fit one device like iOS.

Windows tablets seem to bring the best of both worlds so to speak. Running tablet style apps with a desktop PC interface built in. I'm curious about the Windows tablets myself, as I've never used one. They seem more capable for our line of work because we need PCs for printing and firmware etc. But tablets for portability.

Our company talked about getting us iPads, I balked at the idea. They got us Galaxy Note 2 phones instead. I personally bought myself a Nexus7 and I own an iPad 4. I don't really use either for work.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Tablet computer

Does anyone know if USB to Ethernet adapter works on Windows tablets, as far as command prompt, troubleshooting etc

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Does anyone know if USB to Ethernet adapter works on Windows tablets, as far as command prompt, troubleshooting etc
    It works to get to the internal webpage but I didn't try the command prompt.
    Gives me something to try tomorrow.....

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Tablet computer

Quote Originally Posted by yakyitz View Post
    Who told you that, an Apple representative ?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

My boss. Doing a bit of research on my own, I did come across some complaints. But, by all means, I am trying to get info from techs out there on which one I should get.